Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alchemy: Charcoal+Sulfer=Gunpowder
Can we have a new alchemy recipe to make Gunpowder, please?

Sulfer could be mined in any of the fire Area's
Charcoal could be made by smelting wood (giving wood another use)

Gunpowder is very common alchemy ingridient and one of the ones that always used. Be if for Mind Enhancers, Bombs, firebreath potions, dangerous liquid or whatever... I think it be cool to be able to create it yourself, rather than just have it findable.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Shujin's post:
  • Poruku
Yes plz
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water
That'd be nice, yeah. But instead of Sulfur, you can just use Nerif's Blood. Also, the conversion rates should be a bit unfair, like making it be a LV6 Recipe for Alchemy and cost 50 Wood/Ore per. If Gunpowder becomes too easy to craft, bombs will blow the balance out of the water (heh!).

The main risk is how this could benefit Spellthiefs and Engineers, allowing them to maintain a permanent, annoying-to-counter 230 Evade and repeatedly unleash an area attack that can deal up to 100 damage, through the spam use of (Smoke) Bombs.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
I guess we could just use nerif's blood.

But lets be honest. Everyone who uses bombs, has a stack of them that ain't running out in PvP anytime soon. The point of making it more accessible is to make it able to be used in PvE content too, so you hog them less cause they can be "Remade easily". Its a psychological thing, people are much more likely to hog stuff they get by harder and end up having a way larger stack than they need (or never actually use it if its to rare), but if its easy and they don't feel bad about using them, they actually have less.

Besides, If Runemage can casually reduce someones hit by 70+ with their smoke across the field+ also reducing their evade by like 45, its probably not that bad either. Also most of the crafts that need gunpowder are actually tame to borderline useless, I do not think the "gatekeeping" should be at gunpowder but at bombs themselves if they turn out to be too cheap. I do not think it's as big of an issue honestly.
Level 6 alchemy is cruel, there's more than just bombs for gunpowder
(08-08-2024, 09:41 PM)Shujin Wrote: I guess we could just use nerif's blood.
I mean, using a material that's as hot as fire in order to produce a flammable substance does not seem like a very intelligent idea
[Image: orDF4cJ.jpg]
It's magic, we ain't gotta explain a Bloody Shift.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
It can be used to light a torch in one of the puzzles on Korvara, so semantics at that point. Regardless, I don't see how refining it in some alchemical process to get gunpowder is a big leap of logic or anything. Sounds fine to me.
GIVE IT TO ME !
(08-09-2024, 03:11 AM)Tana Wrote:
(08-08-2024, 11:25 PM)the REAL Minos Prime Wrote:
(08-08-2024, 09:41 PM)Shujin Wrote: I guess we could just use nerif's blood.
I mean, using a material that's as hot as fire in order to produce a flammable substance does not seem like a very intelligent idea
Nerif's blood is warm to the touch, not 'hot as fire'.
unless we're having another Dev Being Bad At Naming Things moment, from the lore txt:
Getting close to Nairyf's blood is incredibly dangerous (just like normal magma) but is possible if you have appropriate magical protections and don't linger very long.
[Image: orDF4cJ.jpg]