Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maximum Hit cap
This is not about buffing, no. And neither this is about PvP content, hopefully so, but I found it quite peculiar of some LV60-80 mobs to have such a massive base Hit in their weapons that even if you have the fullly buffed 200 Evade, it's still not enough to give them a chance to dodge. 

The mob I saw this happening against was the dreadful Shadow Omega, but I'm sure other mobs are still as cracked out there. Still, going one by one, plucking down Hit from them would be unwise, so I come with a simple proposition:

Make non-player mobs have their total Hit hard-cap at 260, please. Or else playing dodge is a pointless endeavor at higher level content.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Snake's post:
  • ThatOneHop
These are dodge-able you just gotta debuff their hit too.

Not too much to ask against a 1v4 boss that everyone's jumping. If these fights are meant to be challenging they shouldn't be completely dodge wall-able.

I've had personal experience playing entire parties of evades versus all of the Dark Amplifier rematches, they are all evade-able. Some more than others, but you just gotta work a bit harder and toss in some debuffs with the soup.
I agree with Entropy, its important to recognize what is allowed to have high hit and what isn't, most of the complaints about mobs having high hit comes from where minotaurs and snakemen have like 80% hit chance on 200 evade, and come in multiple droves, and can flank you rather easily if you're not using Incognito.
[Image: zo2BdSr.pngp]
Minotaurs with Rundown also get an extra 40 (or more? I forgot if its capped) on their hit.. Double blade snakemen get an extra +50.

It's mostly just THESE problem children which already have high SKI. High base weapon accuracy. and then also get an attack steroid ONTOP of all of that.
Yeah the mobs in the ice cavern also all have crazy hit. I think normal mobs shouldn't have more than like 250 hit at the absolute max
[-] The following 1 user Likes Poruku's post:
  • Snake
A consequence of GR2 evasion unfortunately

250 Hit is entirely negatable on a few meta dodge setups, which sucks for Joe Kensei who just wants to do LV80 PvE but the mechanic isn't in his favour to begin with.
Balancing around the losers of class balance, esp with a system that affords 100% DR to those that win, just leads to more "This mob ignores evades" mechanics in an effort to make things less trivial and ion wanna deal w/ that tbr w/ you
[-] The following 4 users Like FatherCrixius's post:
  • Ham, Poruku, saikyogroove77, Snake
I still find it unfair. These mobs don't come alone in LV80 rematches, for instance. And not all classes have a clear-cut means to reduce the enemy's Hit by at least 25, or cap its own Evade at 50.

Just because Spellthief's dodge is busted, it doesn't mean that this should be the new baseline of how Evade's numbers should work, and thus, how high Hit should go to compensate. Spellthief seems to be the absolute peak, and should not be seen as the baseline. No other classes can quite match it and for the most part, can only count on buffing itself to a range of +30~45 Evade at worst.

I just want to bring back a more fair RNG for people who want to gamble their survival away, thus, Hit being capped at 260 can at least guarantee that. If by design, Dev wants something to hit someone, it should be through its skills, not because of its absurd scaling.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
If you can negate 250 hit then I say have fun! Any content can be rendered trivial with the right build anyway, so I think it's fine to have the strong evade builds capable of dodging anything
(08-29-2024, 07:27 AM)Snake Wrote: I still find it unfair. These mobs don't come alone in LV80 rematches, for instance. And not all classes have a clear-cut means to reduce the enemy's Hit by at least 25, or cap its own Evade at 50.

Just because Spellthief's dodge is busted, it doesn't mean that this should be the new baseline of how Evade's numbers should work, and thus, how high Hit should go to compensate. Spellthief seems to be the absolute peak, and should not be seen as the baseline. No other classes can quite match it and for the most part, can only count on buffing itself to a range of +30~45 Evade at worst.

I just want to bring back a more fair RNG for people who want to gamble their survival away, thus, Hit being capped at 260 can at least guarantee that. If by design, Dev wants something to hit someone, it should be through its skills, not because of its absurd scaling.
Spellthief dodge isn’t even that strong. The core power of evade is hit debuffs, not just buffs. Spellthief typically wants Fortune Wind, which doesn’t do anything to push you past that +50.

Things like blotch, brighten, bombs, and fear are what matters. Kensei even gets TWO of them! Archer and Spellthief get arguably the easiest access to high evade through Fortune Wind, but only with high luck builds.

Outside of that, Distortion and Southern Wind are kind okay at best, they just get more than 1 buff. You still need a third buff (Like Ring of Pearls or Fortune Wind) to cap, and even then you need to sacrifice a spirit.
SL2 is a two-class game, and this at its core just loops back to giving more classes hit buffs than anything.
But it doesn’t fix or remove the neccessity of debuffs, which honestly Spellthief isn’t even special for.

Dev isn’t gunning for 280ish hits in PvE anymore right now, so I think hit is fine. I just want more access to buffs for classes.
[-] The following 2 users Like Caboozles's post:
  • Latto, Miller
(08-29-2024, 07:27 AM)Snake Wrote: I still find it unfair. These mobs don't come alone in LV80 rematches, for instance. And not all classes have a clear-cut means to reduce the enemy's Hit by at least 25, or cap its own Evade at 50.

Yes but the issue isn't that PvE is unfair, the core mechanic is; and any solution proposed to making PvE more 'fair' is just reducing numerical chance to get hit by 30 - 40% to zero. If the consequence of going into a dungeon as an ST or any other half-way decent dodge setup is dying to summon tentacles and any other evasion ignore that crops up when 0% Hit chance stops being novel, I don't think anyone wants it. Certainly not for low-reward and gruelling LV80 boss fights.

It's a bad class balance issue at the end of the day, and GR2 evasion naturally but class balance foremost-- and I think if you opened with the classes you've experienced this on you woulda got a lot more support for buffing them rather than temp-nerfing PvE