Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's go gambling!!!!!!
Exgalfa right now is actually pretty good! It does pretty good damage! But is still somewhat inconsistent even with high luck values.

My proposal: Base Exgalfa chance is 50% to increase or decrease, and increases by scaled luck. So 50 scaled luck always increases the damage instead of it still not being consistent. If we gonna invest in values, we may as well get use out of them!
[-] The following 3 users Like caliaca's post:
  • Autumn, Poruku, zericosmic
or.....we just remove this gimmick as exgalfa is the -only- fire invocation available to players and it demands we invest in a completely divergent stat
[-] The following 1 user Likes Lolzytripd's post:
  • Ray2064
Yeah I think asking fire mages to invest in luc is not worth the middling damage of exgalpha. If it was an aoe it wouldnt be as bad but like damn. The fact it's single target and does absolutely nothing except raw damage makes it already one of the worst invokes. The addition of a luc requirement to make it good is kind of like, trading a strength for a weakness so it loops around to being bad again.

Maybe it could be a spell that does high damage in a small aoe and also consumes burn on enemies to deal more damage for each consumed burn lvl. Something like 4x the level of burn as extra damage. It could also have the gimmick of using 150% swa instead of 100%, because fire mages have access to certain swa gouging setups with str/wil, and making use of that sounds cool. Make it summon a fire tornado or a fire blade that spins in an area with a multihit. Or if you're in melee range it's a single hit but deals an extra 50% of swa as you swing the blade.
Or we can ask for it to be reworked.
[Image: BAWqB6P.png]
[Image: fa5d9fd2e3f77f27206bb134638b5f28.png]
I feel like that's more of a suggestion than a balance-fu post.