Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
+10% power
[Image: EkAX3AO.png]

"+10% power" is apparently 6 damage on a charge minded spell when you have 150 swa

I propose we make this effect at least apply to SWA instead of whatever "power" is calculated as! I thought fossil burngada would be really good!
[-] The following 2 users Like Poruku's post:
  • Ray2064, Sawrock
The problem with these kind of effects is that it only applies to SWA before following through with the rest of calc. (the first thing in damage calc)

Assuming same SWA for both and Sear/Nerhaven not being spirited
(SWA * Power Mod + Presumed ELE ATK)
143 + 102 = 245
143 * 1.1 + 102 = 259.3

(Charge Mind is later in Calc)
245 * 1.3 = 318.5
259.3 * 1.3 = 337.09
You can notice that it doesn't result in much of an increase (roughly 6% in this instance), especially if the Burngada's total SWA is less than the Grand Axe here or if you have other modifiers to boost the numbers.

I'm personally not opposed to it being changed but certain weapons would benefit massively from this if these effects were changed to be pushed later in Calc such as Coastall Squall.
After looking at your numbers I was about to say, well in my calc the grand axe and burngada have the same SWA. I gave them the exact same modifiers and the grand axe just has 1 extra base power. But then it hit me.

I double checked and burngada had 18 weight, oops!

Real damage is 383, this is a 5.8% increase.

I was wrong and I apologize! It's still not very good but it actually does apply to SWA.

That being said, plz buff burngada :> I think squall and desert wind are good enough tbh
[-] The following 1 user Likes Poruku's post:
  • Miller
(09-21-2024, 05:11 AM)Poruku Wrote: After looking at your numbers I was about to say, well in my calc the grand axe and burngada have the same SWA. I gave them the exact same modifiers and the grand axe just has 1 extra base power. But then it hit me.

I double checked and burngada had 18 weight, oops!

Real damage is 383, this is a 5.8% increase.

I was wrong and I apologize! It's still not very good but it actually does apply to SWA.

That being said, plz buff burngada :> I think squall and desert wind are good enough tbh

Agreed @ Squall/Desert Wind.

Burngada itself could probably stand to be changed to 20% Power when main handed considering these effects are one of the first things in damage calc and the fact that spells typically only have 100% SWA. This would probably amount to it being only a 10~12% damage boost to Nerifian (as opposed to 5~7) and honestly? It'd be pretty sick to potentially consider dual wielding axes while slinging fire.
It'd be a simpler fix if those effects just modded your elemental ATK. So for example, Burngada giving +10% Fire ATK. etc.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
That would make it way too good. The point of burngada is that it's not a casting tool, but when you turn it into a casting tool it's better at fire spells. This is a huge opportunity cost so it can afford to be powerful. Unfortunately the effect is far from good enough. But yeah 10% total damage or 20% power would be good
Yeah, I get it. Though that 10% on Fire ATK would benefit the weapon's base design and interact with many other things, magic included.
Changing it to % Fire ATK would be worse in typical use cases and way better off in min-max'd scenarios, so I'd rather not go with that personally.

90 Fire ATK + 10% is only 99; even if I assume 140% Fire ATK scaling (which is not the norm), that's only a bonus of 12-13 damage.
I think that the old weapons that give you +10% power to X spells are built around the pre-GR system and not the post-GR system, and would rather that they get changed to more sensible post-GR stats like Burngada giving +10 Fire ATK, or Abberation Spear giving +10 Lightning ATK.
[Image: zo2BdSr.pngp]
[-] The following 3 users Like Autumn's post:
  • Miller, Poruku, Snake
Works too, yeah.