Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Geomaterial (Ruler)
Here's a revised proposition:

- Geomaterial should be able to be retained over multiple fights.

- Geoheart enchantment should increase the cap of your Geomaterials. Don't forget to make it so this condition is checked before combat starts to prevent item swap cheese.

- Every time you generate Geomaterial by refining materials, you deal bonus Earth damage that ignores armor, equal to (10 * Geomaterial)% Earth ATK in a 4 range AoE from where the material was refined.

This will definitively fix the worst part of Geomaterial build up. Ruler is not like Solblader or Rune Mage, where their build ups are satisfying and amount to something that can turn the tides of a battle in a more urgent manner.

Please give this a consideration.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
I would definitely support this, although it's a bit too strong for preplanned pvp fights. I think the best part is adding an offensive component to gathering material. I think that is an amazing idea that would make ruler gameplay less passive and more fun&cool
Yeh, I'm also conflicted but it'd help a lot in PvE. The only sensitive solution is making Geomaterial reset when fighting in PvP.
Having a separation between pvp and pve for ruler does sound pretty nice. The issue is always that you lag behind and don't really get to participate as much due to the setup needed. It's ok when solo, but in a team you are just too slow.

Maybe another fix would be to have +1 geomat per allied player. This would make you go online quicker when in a party, allowing you to keep up.
Ruler's Might: "Rulers need subjects to preside over, right?" For every allied player in battle, gain +1 geomaterial at the start of battle. Also allows refining Geomaterial to deal earth magical damage in a 3 range diamond equal to an ammount based on rank. Geomaterial refined by pawns deals half damage.
Innate, 3 ranks, 30, 40, 50%.
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water
[-] The following 1 user Likes Raigen.Convict's post:
  • Poruku
I love Raigen's idea, it really does solve ruler's issues imo. But it should be based on your current elemental enchant, earth by default. Cause my wind ruler would be sad about doing 4 earth damage
I like polks suggestion too. Glad i still have good ideas in my brain.
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water
One new skill and the class would be immediately pog to play.