Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Party Experience
In the shadow of the recent post about twinking: I have a quick suggestion regarding how experience is handled to avoid boosting between friends. I know there is already a system in place, and I'm not sure how it's set-up so this may be a pointless post if this has already been addressed but from my experience, EXP falloff seems to only occur when an enemy reaches Yourlevel+10 or so. My suggestion is as follows in shitty non c++ language because I haven't wrote code in 3 years and all I remember is lua and barely at that.

{
partyvar = partymemlevel - yourlevel
finalvar = (10 - partyvar)

if (enemylevel
It's too late for me to logic through this, but experience is fine as is.

No one likes to grind.

No one wants this.

Partying is fine, and should not be discouraged in any way shape or form.
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=6097#p6097 Wrote:MegaBlues » Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:29 am[/url]"]It's too late for me to logic through this, but experience is fine as is.

No one likes to grind.

No one wants this.

Partying is fine, and should not be discouraged in any way shape or form.

agreed
Agreed 2x with Mega. Grinding is pretty annoying as is.
[Image: Fern22.gif]
[Image: unknown.png]
Grinding is already hard as hell for me and many other people and only excluding a very very small number of people. I barely ever get from 40 to 50 in a single training day with brain food with a mage helping me. And I know at least a few others are like that as well. Along with that, the correct level dungeon is always hard to find, so making it even harder with the addition of math and a grinding level cap would make it even worse.
[Image: XVa5SaQ.png]
Grinding isn't fun, so I support MegaBlues.
[Image: 7y3oPuY.png]
I'm against this for three simple reasons.

1: SL2 is a game. Games are supposed to be fun. Grinding is not.
2: Finding someone within your level range that's willing to help you, in a game with 60 levels, is usually not the easiest thing to do.
3: I would rather other people be done with their grinding as fast as possible, because I would rather have people RPing with me than off in a B.D.P. somewhere grinding a character I haven't met yet.
[Image: 5a7229cbed.png]
Basically what everyone else has said.

Even with someone taking you through as quickly as possible, grinding is still a chore for -somebody-. Making it even more difficult isn't the answer, and 'boosting' isn't really a problem.

If anything we need measures in place to make grinding easier, not harder.
Regardless, it's very much unintentional to be able to party with people well outside of your level range, so there will be a level restriction for characters under level 45, where if any party members aren't within 10 levels of each other, you won't get any rewards for the battle.
Will Vera Wa extend this?

Will Legend Extension remove this?

Also, partying and helping new players is going to be nigh impossible with this in. I don't think that a party level range cap will benefit the game at all.