Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quest Reward Improvements
With the number of quests there are and the amount of time it can take to complete many of them, by the time you actually complete most, the rewards end up being... well, not worth it. You will quickly outgrow any value in the quest EXP rewards while killing the monsters required to complete them, or dungeon delving to get what you need to complete them in general. For this reason, along with the common and justified complaint that grinding is tedious, I believe quests should be improved to give EXP based on a % of the experience you need to level up. The amount given should be scaled to the difficulty of the quest, and there should be a minimum reward value (which would probably be fine as the amount they're giving now in the case of existing quests) for those cases where you actually do manage to complete the quest at a lower level.

Scars give 5% if I recall correctly, so I believe the easier l-net requests and NPC quests would be fine at 10%, mini-boss hunting requests at 30%, boss hunting requests at 50%, and story-related quest rewards improving over the duration of the quest line.

In addition to these changes, a special l-net section with sub-sections where all of the requests are repeatable would be useful in preventing a "quest hoarding" mentality (people mentally tormenting themselves over when to complete quests because they think they may find a better time to complete them, they may LE, etc.). They could fall under categories like combat, farming, etc. Here are two examples:

Deliver 1 (Size) Spatial Core (a quest for each type)
(Rewards Core Size*10% EXP, minimum Core Size*150 EXP?)
Think you're going to get junk from that core? Go ahead and exchange it for EXP! Also may help prevent a surplus in items.

Deliver 10 (Crop type)
(Rewards 30% or 1,000 EXP, whichever is higher & 100 murai)
Provides an alternative to combat grinding, and may help prevent a surplus in food items. There could be a farming talent that factors into the rewards from these types of requests. More talents are always cool.

I'm not sure if there would be any issues with this kind of system, or if it would need any adjustments/has any preferable alternatives, but I think it's a good way to address the grinding problem without damaging the health of the game overall.
[Image: 5a7229cbed.png]
I love this idea.

l-net requests as it stands are just a means to get a handful of exclusive items (most of which are awful) and clear parts of the story. The murai/exp are swiftly outdated, as you said, by the time you complete them.

Repeatable l-net requests are awesome, especially if the crop-delivery one is implemented, meaning you could potentially level without needing to grind dungeons (not saying that isn't possible already, but, as it stands, I don't think anyone wants to dig 200 holes per level). I also like the core delivery idea. Makes cores worth a lot more, though I can't see why you'd ever open them if you still need exp if that gets implemented. Maybe to balance it out, you can only do them a certain number of times a day (IG, probably)?
I made a farm in my player house and I'm already in love with the mechanic. I want to be able to level up as a farmer, and SELL MY PRODUCE. (If there was a golden shovel/hoe donor item I would buy it. Hint, hint.)

But yes, I haven't done Laplace requests on my characters in quite a long time. Simple ones that are generic but give worthy level-based bonuses would be nice - there are a lot that give 10-100 exp which is usable very early game (if there's not someone 10 levels above you that can help you out), but once you're past that point doing them is really not worth the trouble. Like that one that needs 3 zelegrand leaves. I never have those leaves.
So yeah, maybe something like 'Deliver medium core' or 'Kill 10 Lvl 50+ sand sharks'. Etc. I think this would make the whole dungeoning thing feel like it has a bit more purpose.
Lost my old signature pic and I never redid one. Maybe later.
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=6473#p6473 Wrote:Trexmaster » Sun Apr 12, 2015 2:23 pm[/url]"]Maybe to balance it out, you can only do them a certain number of times a day (IG, probably)?
Not gonna lie, I would probably still be popping open anything large+ in most circumstances, unless I'm doing so bad that I can barely grind as it is. That said, I can see limiting it to a daily thing being an option. The main goal is just to allow for more casual progression. I'm glad you like the idea, though!
[Image: 5a7229cbed.png]
I feel like this deserves another look over after all the big updates we've had. I know there's still the current wave of updates to wait out, but, Laplace requests could really use some love.

Repeatable quests like this would offer people another avenue to get EXP. And that's always nice.

As it stands they all become obsolete past like, level 40. Not to say that's -entirely- bad, just that it'd be nice to have quests geared towards people closer to the end-game or even beyond, especially now that we have 10*s to abuse each other and monsters with.
Throwing my support in as well. The only ones I ever touch at all are very early game for a few easy levels, and if I need a specific item for a specific build that's an exclusive, which is very rare.

I think this could be especially good in encouraging party play. Repeatable quests for decent experience would actually encourage character interaction in seeking help with a particular enemy type that causes you any problems. Yes, I am saying this could quite literally be good for RP.
*loud burp*
I don't know about repeatable quests but I've had 'local requests' that are randomly generated every so often on my list for a while, I may be able to get to that after this wave of updates if interest is high enough.