Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Otherworldly strategem
I think Ghosthands should stop Stalemate.

300 post get.
They stop riposte which is in the same vein, so I don't see why not.
[Image: XVa5SaQ.png]
I concur.
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: I did literally nothing and have never played YGO in my life.
OOC Black Chaos X: OOC Devourer Of Souls: no one activated zera ritual
OOC Blissey: HHHAHAHAAA
OOC Devourer Of Souls: That's fake.

Tengen Toppa [Image: 2zolp55.jpg] !!!
I agree! 150%!
[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=8459553]
Between the proc chance and the weapons that bypass Stalemate, Ghosthands shouldn't be needed.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
Then you could say the same thing for Riposte, since we all know that Stalemate procs often enough for it to give martial weapon-users issues.
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=6683#p6683 Wrote:Chaos » Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:13 am[/url]"]Between the proc chance and the weapons that bypass Stalemate, Ghosthands shouldn't be needed.

I'm not insulting you, but this is a joke right? Ever time I've fought certain BK/Ghosts with Stalemate, I've always been Stalemated. There was only ONE TIME it actually bypassed the proc. Stalemate is pretty much endgame vs melee right now as a BK.
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: I did literally nothing and have never played YGO in my life.
OOC Black Chaos X: OOC Devourer Of Souls: no one activated zera ritual
OOC Blissey: HHHAHAHAAA
OOC Devourer Of Souls: That's fake.

Tengen Toppa [Image: 2zolp55.jpg] !!!
Againts Swords, Axes and Spears. Not all melee. And againts things that use basic attack. For you to have a 50% chance of stalemate (A coinflip situation) you need to have it maxed out and fifty def. Should we assume the typical amount of defense one gets when they really focus hard on it avaible to you, that is seventy, (Around sixty base, plus bonuses you will have since you kinda, you know. Want those bonuses) That's 25+35 (since it uses def/2) which is a 60% chance. That's pretty close to a gosh darn coinflip still. Even for someone that stacked def.

Riposte - Max rank - Ski +12. Assuming the same amount of ski. That's a 82% chance. (Also SKI is easier to get as far as I know.)

Yes. Sarin did basic math for you guys. And hopes she won't have to do it again.

On the other hand, I guess it'd make sense if ghosthands would be getting through stalemate, but it brings up an issue.

What does a def tank do againts crit PG spam. Jaaaack shit. Turning BKs into squishy nonsense once more. Since Excel weapons already do the whole ignore of defense stats, I wouldn't want their only defense againts a wide variety of builds to be shat upon. And yes. It doesn't, statisticaly, trigger that often to need a complete negation with the use of low-star equipment.
Riposte is an entirely different beast; Stalemate only mitigates damage, while Riposte will throw damage back regardless of whether the attack lands or not. (Not to mention that Riposte isn't limited by the attacker's weapon type)

"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=6688#p6688 Wrote:Ryu-Kazuki » Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:45 pm[/url]"]
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=6683#p6683 Wrote:Chaos » Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:13 am[/url]"]Between the proc chance and the weapons that bypass Stalemate, Ghosthands shouldn't be needed.

I'm not insulting you, but this is a joke right? Ever time I've fought certain BK/Ghosts with Stalemate, I've always been Stalemated. There was only ONE TIME it actually bypassed the proc. Stalemate is pretty much endgame vs melee right now as a BK.

Get a weapon that isn't a Sword/Spear/Axe or use a skill that doesn't require a basic attack, and watch how Stalemate will do absolutely nothing. Sword/Spear users have enough tools in their arsenal to laugh off Stalemate, so there's no reason why they should be in a bind. (Axe users, on the other hand, will need a backup weapon until they get skill support that isn't complete crap)
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=6695#p6695 Wrote:Sarinpa1 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:59 pm[/url]"]What does a def tank do againts crit PG spam. Jaaaack shit.
Since Excel weapons already do the whole ignore of defense stats
1. You can't crit a BK.
2. You can't spam PG.
3. Excel doesn't ignore defense, it just makes it less effective.
4. You can't use conversion gloves with Ghosthand.

"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=6697#p6697 Wrote:Chaos » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:16 pm[/url]"]Get a weapon that isn't a Sword/Spear/Axe or use a skill that doesn't require a basic attack, and watch how Stalemate will do absolutely nothing.
Sword/Spear users have enough tools in their arsenal to laugh off Stalemate
1. So the only way to not get completely shut down by one passive literally every BK has is to be a master of many weapons? Sounds healthy for roleplay.
2. The only sword skill worth taking is Sanguine Star, which does as much damage as Turnover without the knockdown, plus Crescent Rook needs a nerf anyway.