Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Needle detonation. Again.
Only a single needle detonates, not all needles.

One needle = 18 damage
5x needles = 90 damage

Detonating just one = 9 damage
5 detonations = Theoretically should be 45, instead is still 9.
*loud burp*
This isn't exactly a bug but I guess we can give it a try. The skill description does say 'needles', so now the explosion will power up based on how many they get hit with.
If it gets half of every needle, this is more than a slight over-buff.
"Soapy" Wrote:If it gets half of every needle, this is more than a slight over-buff.

Very much this.
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=7984#p7984 Wrote:Soapy » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:42 pm[/url]"]If it gets half of every needle, this is more than a slight over-buff.

Then remove needle detonation completely since it's completely useless to detonate instead of just casting needle again. Oh, look, 9 damage. Whoopy do. My most recent level 1 was dealing more damage than that. Useless.
*loud burp*
I suggest you calm down and think a bit more - such as considering the possibility that casting a different spell might actually do more damage than Needle, even without the explosion.

Adding 45 extra AoE unresistable damage (and heal) on a long-ranged support class spell that already does 90 unresistable damage is simply unnecessary - and this is coming from someone that actually has a dedicated Priest.
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=7993#p7993 Wrote:Soapy » Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:29 pm[/url]"]I suggest you calm down and think a bit more - such as considering the possibility that casting a different spell might actually do more damage than Needle, even without the explosion.

Adding 45 extra AoE unresistable damage (and heal) on a long-ranged support class spell that already does 90 unresistable damage is simply unnecessary - and this is coming from someone that actually has a dedicated Priest.

1) Then why cast needle in the first place if other spells are already stronger and the detonation is useless? And who said I wasn't calm? it was a valid statement.

2) The main reason I'm bringing it up is because of the description. The skill was not acting as advertised. Whether or not it's OP or not is for Balance Fu. Sure, combining both those effects does sound really strong, but when was the last time healing for 45 within 2 range of your opponent actually did any good at higher levels?

Personally, if the detonation would be too strong with every needle, then just remove it, because 9 is next to nothing and just feels unsatisfying. 90 Unresistable damage is enough for me.
*loud burp*
This should probably be taken into a Balance thread, at this point.
I'm more looking forward to a team of priests smiting infidels by pumping them full of Needles for a massive detonation. But yes, if you have issues about the balance of the skill after the update, you can always make a topic in Balance Fu.