Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lantern Bearer's Eternal Flame
Firstly, Eternal's Flame Effect is expected to affect all Players within your party, right? Well, I was in a Party consisting of a Grimalkin, a Redtail, and a Doriad. When I used a Flame, they all got the effect from Eternal Flame with the exception of the Doriad. I'm not sure why that is, but he was also a Void Assassin (not sure of his Sub-Class) if that maybe helps explain it or locate the issue.

Secondly, the Eternal Flame's Effect seems to "update" in a weird manner between Players. If I used Typhur as my last Eternal Flame in a previous battle, and then proceed into a new battle and used Salamander, it updates for all Players in the party. If I use Salamander in the very next turn, and then use a different flame, say Phoenix, it does not update at all. Also, on one occasion, I used Typhur and Salamander in one turn, and in the following turn, I used Phoenix. In this case, it updated for all Players except myself. It should also be noted, that I'm the 4th Player in the Party, and that at this point, the 3rd Player in the Party, had quite a few effects going on him, to the point where I couldn't even see the Eternal Flame Effect icon on his "Profile HUD"; so I'm not sure if that might've played a role in this (I guess it depends on how it's coded).
I'm a little confused. Anyone want to step in and test this, and hopefully provide screenshots?
For the first thing, the player's have to be in range (I believe Eternal Flame's description says more on the range) of your circle for them to get any sort of effect. The Doriad may have been out of range.

For the second thing, Effect Icons don't always update properly, so you might want to test and see if it updates on your Character HP/FP page, under your current effects. Could just be a visual thing.
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: She left me for WoW?! THIS IS BULLSHIT

Quote:Underwhelmed green-haired girl shouts "BITING EACH OTHER IS NOT A LIZARD SEX THING."
Ah. Yes. Mivereous is right. The entire issue seems to be visually related. I had to be constantly taking screenshots and comparing my stats before I used a flame, after I used a flame, and between using a flame; as well as asking other Players within the party on if their own stats have changed.

On a side note though, the Doriad definitely was within the range, as with this guy: http://puu.sh/js7P3/3bdcda5603.png
That bald-headed character there is the Player with the alias, "A Rather Large Man", but as you can see, he didn't receive the Effect HUD. Still, while talking with him in another battle, he did say that he did notice an increase in his stats relevant to the flame at the time.

Well, I guess if you're going to attempt to fix the issue -- As we've now verified that it's visually-related -- Then, I'll share along (and explain) some of these screenshots I've taken regardless:

http://puu.sh/js6Oc/47616db113.png
The current lantern flame's icon pops up on the next round.
That's what I've noticed, at least.
[Image: 728daabd1d06463d4458817a55e80d3f09da5d88.gif]
            "Nothing good ever comes of her laughter. And she's always laughing."
[Image: ae1249ba537fe4f2c0b55eeb8655f8744028e0f7.gif]
Things like auras are usually stuck into 'low priority' for updating the HUD to prevent excessive updating (this is mainly to reduce lag). If you force the status hud to update (for example, gaining new status effects will do that) it will show the updated auras. I've also changed it to where it will update after you use a movement skill; let me know if any issues occur from this and/or if this solves the issue you are seeing.