Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Treasure Maps
Ok so I'm sure I'm not the only person to run into a treasure map like this...
[Image: 84f5a50b84.jpg]
It's just honestly impossible to find something like this on a 2D game. If we had a tool for help with this I wouldn't care but searching for a white tile on an all white floor is just...
Idea: There should be a right-click option on maps called "Locate Treasure". It'll give a direction (North, East, South, West, or one of the four diagonal directions) to where the player is compared to the treasure spot. If you're not on the map where the treasure is located, it'll say: "You are not near the treasure."
[Image: 7y3oPuY.png]
I support Sawrock's suggestion 100%, this would make garbage treasure maps immensely more useful.
[Image: zo2BdSr.pngp]
Please.

Elona maps are fine, because in Elona, there are actually features on most parts of the overworld map.

SL2 maps, which use town maps and the like, can't have features everywhere or they would look like a jumbled mess.

Even if Treasure Locator was a tool, or the verb had some sort of cooldown, or was tied to Scout/Harvest/Whatever, we need something to make every map you find possible to do.
I think a better solution would be to just throw some detail into those empty spots on the map.
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=10620#p10620 Wrote:MegaBlues » Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:26 pm[/url]"]SL2 maps, which use town maps and the like, can't have features everywhere or they would look like a jumbled mess.

Can you imagine trying to make every 5x5 area in every single town look unique?
Putting a word on a corner of the map to hint which map the treasure's buried on, such as "Overworld", "Town" or "Misc.", would be a step in the right direction.

A metal detector-esque tool would also help.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
Treasure is always in a town.
[Image: 7y3oPuY.png]