Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Outdoor Areas: ~Intense~ Lag
I believe the new day/night gradual progression is causing incredible lag in outdoor areas that are affected by it. The overworld, all towns' exteriors... just so much stutter.
I haven't noticed any at all, what are the system specs you're running, and are you using hardware acceleration or not (in BYOND settings)?
[Image: d1ca4c3447.png]
[Image: e00351e60e.png]
[Image: 48a2ea2276.png]
Is this a laptop or a netbook with integrated graphics?
Nope. Full-featured desktop PC. Built it myself. I didn't have any problems until the latest update.
Does anyone else have this issue? What's the resolution of the game window when this occurs? Is it FPS lag or actual server lag (which is probably not related to this)?
It's a framerate issue, most likely caused by the fact that 'gradual transition' actually means 'hundreds of tiny alpha differences in a row' instead of 'one alpha difference of greater magnitude.' BYOND in general is a very unoptimized platform, especially where CPU is concerned.

Though, altering some of my nVidia driver settings did alleviate the issue somewhat.
I think your driver/GPU was at fault, not BYOND, in this case. But good that you figured it out.
Oh, it's not entirely fixed. It's still worse off than before the lighting update.