Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Improve the Arena, maybe?
I don't know if this has been asked previously before, but It's my opinion that this area could have had a little more though put into it than it did long ago, and it could be recreated and implicated in a much later update with a fairly improved design and layout to match it's over world appearance, that is, if it isn't already being worked on.

The arena is one of the most populated areas in the game, and it's earned the needed improvement and respect from the community. There's nothing really memorable about the arena as it stands now, except for the fact of how it's outside in an inside building and provides cheap and powerful weapons at the expense of people just grinding an hour or two away on a fight day, as well as on training days the activity of the arena almost quadruples and that causes immense amounts of server stress and lag.

I know the odds of this happening are slim to none, but it's worth a shot to get this known.

Thank you for the time you all took to read this, and I hope you feel the same.

"No better spectator sport than my arena, that's for sure. Except maybe Yenten... but Yenten isn't as bloody, usually."

-Tarson Guilded, Arena Master
[Image: lpYT6xj.gif]
I'd like to request that if the Arena were to be improved that the inside of Remedia's tent could make a good RP Spot as well
[Image: zo2BdSr.pngp]
While I totally agree with the idea in general, I agree with Spoops! I would've liked to seen an inside to Remedia's tent as well. Although I'd think it might get the "it's bigger on the inside" treatment. (I had to do that for my RPG maker game too and I've seen it done for almost every RPG maker game, so I'm sure it's not that much of a peeve.)

As for the Arena itself? Maybe a feature to fight a random dungeon boss. Not the Statue of Memories, but just going up to Tarson and saying "I wanna fight a boss!" and then getting put in with a boss and 2-3 normal enemies, just like a Core. But without the Core.
And then I think singles matches need to be heavily improved. Most of my characters can kick arse in there, even if they're not built for PVE or PVP. They're just stupidly easy and it's simple to come up for a strategy for them since they always do the same thing. (only use specials when the Mighty Wall is gone, Cuthroat the mages so they're silenced, etc.)
[Image: da4KzKk.png]
1) I would like to see new items, as well as perhaps the Replica items receive a boost in terms of cost, due to the Raremetal addition.

2) An additional feature to fight multiple Arena Combatants, with a team of your own. I.e., your party has 2 players, then there would be 2 Arena Combatants. Of course, this would be a better idea if Arena Combatants were a challenge in the first place...

3) Arena Combatants needs a boost, since they monoclass (hello all previous discussions about how to improve unique and general monoclassing). Maybe even if it is just a bit (10-15%) more stat gain past level 20.

4) Remedia's tent could be neat to walk in on some ERP/deathbed due to jammer scenes.

5) Could add various unique NPCs (like Pink's Pub) that come to the Arena at various hours, and can be challenged. These would obviously need to be better than the Arena Combatants. Perhaps you could even hire one as a mercenary, if you beat them...

6) Donations to Tarson or Remedia. Donating to Tarson increases the Arena (the actual fighting area) by 1x1 every 1 million mura, and donating to Remedia may cause her to heal you better (giving you a temporary buff, like Hikari) and/or making the tent look better/bigger.

7) Something with Yuna. She's a doll. Needs love.
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: She left me for WoW?! THIS IS BULLSHIT

Quote:Underwhelmed green-haired girl shouts "BITING EACH OTHER IS NOT A LIZARD SEX THING."
Why is Excelgraph not an accel weapon you can buy?