Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 4.56 Average
General thoughts and Opinions off the chest
(03-03-2023, 03:50 PM)Plunger Wrote:
(03-03-2023, 03:42 PM)WaifuApple Wrote: Not understanding your behaviour was wrong isn't a sign that a ban should be extended, because as has been touched upon in some of these posts 'hammering' the GMs, which has often been used as a way to tell people with valid criticisms not to question the GMs, communication is a very big issue with this community at large. In that sense, it is VERY much possible that the full extent of what they did wrong is not understood because it has been left far, far too vague. And is that the fault of the people accused? I don't really think so. I think we should be careful in trying to direct MORE blame on the accused in order to mitigate concerns about our own staff. People have the right to be concerned, and many are.

Quote:An administrator may/may not reply to your unban request for any reason. Engaging in any sort of childish activity in this forum will be responded with very negatively. This is meant to be a venue for people who can show at least a little intelligence to plead their case and make amends. Please do not falsify any information you state. Especially, please be honest with why you were banned. If you cannot at least be honest about the reason you are banned, it is unlikely we can trust you to be honest about your pledge to change your ways. If your post has not been responded to within a certain amount of time (try to give the moderators a chance to at least READ your post) then you may bump your post -1- time, DO NOT constantly spam the thread with useless posts.

I respectfully disagree with you. Dev summarizes it pretty well in the stickied post of the unban subforum. If you can't admit your fault in something, even minutely, how can you be trusted going forward to respect the rules? I think it would go a long way if they could at least be honest with some of the charges in their bans. The GMs have a policy on not posting the logs they've collected to protect potential whistleblowers, but that doesn't mean the accused themselves can't shed this light, they obviously have access to those same logs.

For all the people saying the real issue is the lack of GM transparency, surely the real issue is a group of players in positions of power harassing and gatekeeping other players?

I guess I'll backtrack a bit. I agree that people acting as though the people who were banned are completely innocent is an issue, but that doesn't extend to this. This is part of the issue.

Messages In This Thread
RE: General thoughts and Opinions off the chest - by Kyratio - 03-03-2023, 03:59 PM