Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 4.56 Average
General thoughts and Opinions off the chest
(03-03-2023, 04:36 PM)Revy Wrote: Welp, got home to start formulating my own response to see this upon refreshing the page, so thought I'd immediately respond to this first.
It's concerning to see some people proposing such and trying to defend the verdict while ignoring the big picture. There was no communication on things bar some vague stuff after. You can't tell me in all good faith that punishing people for speaking their mind on things is in any way appropriate. Hell. The issue is that the "same behaviour that got them banned initially" wasn't clearly communicated beforehand. It was just straight in the cop car, no ifs or buts, no trial, nothing. Hard to "show any kind of contrition" when people believe they're innocent (and in many's eyes, are) On the subject of "another ground was doing the same or worse," when you get (unjustly in my opinion at least to a certain level) punished for something you see others doing/the other side potentially doing, it's pretty natural to go "But that guy's doing the exact same! Why isn't he being bundled into this cop car too?!". It's concerning that some feel the need to harass or belittle people for raising concerns. Be it about how they were treated, or for saying "Hang on a moment, something about this verdict doesn't seem right."

There is a difference between them 'speaking their minds' and completely denying any action on their part only to claim that others '[do] all of that to a much higher degree' than them when the a GM reply was posted. I would call it disingenuous at best. 

(03-03-2023, 04:36 PM)Revy Wrote: Welp, got home to start formulating my own response to see this upon refreshing the page, so thought I'd immediately respond to this first.
It's concerning to see some people proposing such and trying to defend the verdict while ignoring the big picture. There was no communication on things bar some vague stuff after. You can't tell me in all good faith that punishing people for speaking their mind on things is in any way appropriate. Hell. The issue is that the "same behaviour that got them banned initially" wasn't clearly communicated beforehand. It was just straight in the cop car, no ifs or buts, no trial, nothing. Hard to "show any kind of contrition" when people believe they're innocent (and in many's eyes, are) On the subject of "another ground was doing the same or worse," when you get (unjustly in my opinion at least to a certain level) punished for something you see others doing/the other side potentially doing, it's pretty natural to go "But that guy's doing the exact same! Why isn't he being bundled into this cop car too?!". It's concerning that some feel the need to harass or belittle people for raising concerns. Be it about how they were treated, or for saying "Hang on a moment, something about this verdict doesn't seem right."

I know it won't mean too much in the grand scheme of things, as the verdict has been made, but personally believe that the way this has been handled is at best completely wrong. As Appo pointed out, where was the course correction if those responsible want to stand by their verdict? If this stuff was going on for months as has been stated, then why not nip it in the bud and go "Ey, mate, y'might wanna tone your behaviour down a tad or we're gonna have to step in."

I think most people involved here are adults, some degree of personal accountability should be expected. Excuses that the GMs should have stopped it if it was bad or that others are even worse don't hold very much water to me. The same excuses were leveled in the last community thread and seeing them getting posted again is disappointing. 

People are free to question the GMs as much as they want, just like I'm free to point out that there hasn't been a single admitance of guilt without a concession or pointing of the finger.
[-] The following 3 users Like Plunger's post:
  • Autumn, Dystopia, Imotepchief

Messages In This Thread
RE: General thoughts and Opinions off the chest - by Plunger - 03-03-2023, 05:25 PM