Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 4.56 Average
General thoughts and Opinions off the chest
Personally, if I were to look towards things I'd like to see change is for it to be clearly set out what rights you have to defend yourself against the verdict of a GM you believe is unjust. That's one of the big question marks I've always had. If a GM says you've done something worth getting banned for, and you don't believe you have, what, exactly, do you do in that situation? The unban forums specifically tell you not to go there without guilt or with excuse, which I see as pushing people away from the idea that they are even ALLOWED to have a case to begin with. You either have to say "I know exactly what I've done wrong and will take steps to remedy it" or you're simply out of luck. Clearly it feels like people don't actually know what the PROPER steps for challenging things are, and will take to slightly different methods every time. Usually this ends in people making noise- lots, and lots of noise.

The unban forums also says "the GMs are under no obligation to explain anything to you", so it is rooted in the system itself that any kind of communication at all is a mercy, and that's either a terrible shame, or something that should be written differently if not. They are only 'encouraged' to communicate. You rely SOLELY on the goodwill of the staff to be heard, if you go by the wording of the forums. It is by no standards ideal that we work to a system where communication from GMs is optional if communication from players is demanded.

The reason the same points come up again, and again, is because nothing has really changed. We've reached a bit of time down the line and we're still in the same place, with the same criticisms. Nothing is being done any different.

If things can't change in terms of GM communication in this span of time, a change spanning community wide is not that disappointing to find hasn't happened yet, either. There are a lot more players than GMs and change like that would surely be even slower, if you're expecting it. I wouldn't expect higher standards for change from the community than our own staff, who are meant to be the best and most rational of us.
[Image: 400px-Nihilus%2C_the_Abyssal_Flame.gif]
Ending 145: Disappointed in Humanity
[-] The following 9 users Like WaifuApple's post:
  • Dezark, Frozen, HaTeD, Kyratio, Mewni, Revy, Roland_Staghare, Shadbase, Toffee

Messages In This Thread
RE: General thoughts and Opinions off the chest - by WaifuApple - 03-03-2023, 06:24 PM