Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dynamic Tome, Why not Dynamic Weapons?
Since we have magic seeds now why not include a system for non-tome skills to be made?  We can have an acid sword slash skill or a light based bow attack, or ice axe 3x3 around you, so forth. Simple and easy.
3 seed slots, then normal weapon parts.

Seed 1, elemental or left blank for normal
Seed 2 on hit effect (50% of element or status inflict chance to do thing
Seed 3 on crit effect (another element seed, or guaranteed inflict of the status seed)
Sure, once tomes get weapon parts.
(03-03-2023, 04:34 PM)Lolzytripd Wrote: 3 seed slots, then normal weapon parts.

Seed 3 on crit effect (another element seed, or guaranteed inflict of the status seed)

This would be too strong lol.
[Image: BAWqB6P.png]
[Image: fa5d9fd2e3f77f27206bb134638b5f28.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Senna's post:
  • JamOfBoy
So in concept I think it'd be cool. It'd be some sort of rune-weapon that you put magical seeds into and such. But in practice I think it would take too long for Dev to go through and implement, as every single seed would need to be redone and/or new seeds added to specifically tailor to these weapons.
[-] The following 1 user Likes renowner's post:
  • firehawk11
(03-04-2023, 11:10 PM)Senna Wrote:
(03-03-2023, 04:34 PM)Lolzytripd Wrote: 3 seed slots, then normal weapon parts.

This would be too strong lol.
Damn bow of the green forest is op
Y'see the idea of 'augmenting' basic weapons into magical ones with effects was something that I was always pining for Rune Mage to have as a alternative playstyle, but in general I think this is a cool idea.

maybegiveweaponpartstotomesthoughyes
Seeds themselves won't be a problem. Instead of a spell, they just become on-hit effects. New seeds would be the hassle, maybe.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Seeds become on hit effects and yeah you could change weapon damage to be Physical Element instead of Magic, it be the side effect of the Dynamic Weapon, you chose the base (Sword, Spear, Axe, Bow, Fist, Dagger (maybe)) and then add seeds to it to do effects what what not. Like change the sword to deal Sound Physical damage or Acid Physical damage. Then slap on Silence Curse so every time you hit they or use the special skill granted by the weapon it applies that status effect. The system is already half built for Dynamic Weapons.
I am probably in the Minority, but I would like it to be not only on-hit effects, or maybe actual skills. Doesn't need to be anything crazy but a basic swordwave-esque skill ala Shinken with some custom effects on it, would be pretty cool.

Alas I assume the reason as to why thats not a thing is mainly balancing, Dynamic Tome were pretty much the Meta for a long while cause of how stupidly good their skills can get.

I still do find the concept of custom weapons pretty cool however.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Shujin's post:
  • firehawk11