Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sandbox Locks
When I had a character who lacked fluency/the ability to read, I was still able to read signs by interacting with the sign and choosing the read option (as opposed to right-clicking and choosing read). This was useful for instances where there would be OOC information on the sign (such as Duyuei's mask policy sign, which requests a discord ping in certain circumstances).

Although I'm methodically opposed to conveying information in such a way, I understand that others favor it.

As signs now make you read rules before interacting with them, and some people might not be able to read signs if they've been banned from the sandbox system, I have two suggestions.

1. Make a type of sign designated for OOC purposes, and thus able to be read by those who lack fluency.

2. Allow access to the Read sandbox option despite sandbox ban status.
This one I favor less, because it gives people an excuse to say they didn't read the sign if rules pop up and they just choose not to interact.

I have no plans on getting banned from the sandbox system myself- just worried about potential snags of the system in the future.

Finally, if someone knows a better way to say you oppose a system due to the way it functions and interacts with a larger system than "methodically opposed", please let me know. I was trying for a while to phrase that better but was unable to and now it's bothering me.
[Image: rwFTX1T.png]
[-] The following 2 users Like Sawrock's post:
  • firehawk11, Snake
Just two bold and slightly transparent 'R P' letters for it would work.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Snake's post:
  • Sawrock
Yes please a million times over. Why the hell can I not read signs without having to agree to rules that require me to be in the discord to follow them?