Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Skull Shield
The shield slot isn't particularly competitive, and it's not even because of a best-in-slot option so much as it is that most shields don't really do anything.

With Skull Shield's recent introduction to Korvara, it got shot in the leg on the way in, with it's main gimmick being locked only to a 3m guard or higher. I would assume this is to discourage getting large benefits from something as accessible as a 1m guard, in the same vein as the Mirrored enchant being nerfed similarly in the past.

However, this nerf has made this shield, which was already not particularily commonly used, effectively null compared to just slapping on a 30% dark res shield that gives +3 defense to boot.

My proposal would be for the Skull Shield to also give the wearer the skill Riposte itself, letting it be used by more than just duelists, who rarely want to use a shield in the first place. (Edit for clarification: I would propose the caveat be that Riposte would also only activate on a 3m or higher guard.)
[-] The following 7 users Like Entropy's post:
  • Autumn, Balor, caliaca, Fern, Miller, Shujin, Snake
I support this.
[Image: giphy.gif]
By allowing the shield to give riposte you've turned it from a niche usage to an actual usage, not a bad idea.
Giving anyone the ability to riposte. . .That's simultaneously scary, but also interesting. I do support this, actually.
Shields got made significantly less useful when ring of the knight was created, an accesory that gives guard to everyone, even those getting two hand benefits. Adding Riposte to a ten star doesn't' seem too bad to me.
[-] The following 1 user Likes renowner's post:
  • firehawk11
as a kagero enthusiast non duelists getting riposte excites me.
[-] The following 2 users Like Lolzytripd's post:
  • Autumn, Snake
I like this idea too!
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
The idea isn't terrible, everyone reposte. I mean it's not a bad idea for a 10*, some 10* items have weird effects that do not justify their rarity level but Reposte isn't the stupidest one I've heard.
Highly interesting. Very very good for tanks running bk/something. I think rank 1 riposte would be fair and balanced
[-] The following 1 user Likes Poruku's post:
  • Snake