Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Buckler
Honestly? Buckler Plus should just have its own deal, like...

"If you guard with 3M+, the next damage from Sword, Polearm and Axe weapons will be blocked, being reduced by 20%. This counts as a a 'parry', for skill activation purposes."
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Why 20% isn't it 10% x Momentum spent? So 30%?
(03-21-2023, 11:50 AM)firehawk11 Wrote: Why 20% isn't it 10% x Momentum spent? So 30%?

I'm assuming it's stack. You get the normal 30% damage reduction from guard normally and then 20% to those certain weapons counting as a parry.
That be way too powerful though?
Not really, just situational powerful. And it costs 3M, so a "defensive skill" moment.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
(03-17-2023, 01:55 PM)Snake Wrote: Honestly? Buckler Plus should just have its own deal, like...

"If you guard with 3M+, the next damage from Sword, Polearm and Axe weapons will be blocked, being reduced by 20%. This counts as a a 'parry', for skill activation purposes."
I like this idea significantly better. Grants you a unique parry skill that only activates if you have guard level 30 or higher. Chance is either flat, or maybe based on skill to reduce damage from certain weapon types by 30%.  Or maybe it should just give resistance?  
If you're already at guard 30, parry isn't going to be as effective at keeping you alive. But resistance could proc momentum destruction. . . Which I guess also sounds a bit dumb.

I talked myself out of it, the parry idea seems cool. 
Or. . .It just boosts parry rate by half of your guard level %?
So level 10 guard (1 momentum) is +5, guard 70 (7 momentum) is +35? That could also fit with the item's theme I think.
Sticking with something more simple, mostly what I stated in the OP, is far more within my scope of interest. I'm not terribly interested in asking for a whole new guard based parry system for an upgrade to a basic item lol
Fair just shields man.