Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Buckler
a low level item meant for budding adventurers, anyone can get them so they should still not be worth running just on their own, but there should be a plus version that enables someone to at least consider them for their build, I want to say lets make it a shield that isn't actually a shield, it sounds weird but I think it could play out to be a pretty unique shield option that enables Martial Artists more than knights.

Quote:Buckler
Shield classification -> Offhand classification
Grants Skill: Guard

Buckler Plus
Glove/Offhand
Increases parry rate for parry skills by 15%
Grants Skill: Guard

I think this to be fair.
[-] The following 8 users Like Autumn's post:
  • Fern, firehawk11, Infernalis, Miller, Rexan, Shujin, Snake, Tana
I mean we also have a basic shield. . .And that also just completely trumps basic shield. Its a parrying dagger that gives you two hand and guard. . .It feels pretty pushed to me. Giving black knights two hand and boosted stalemate is going to be pretty scary. I dunno how I feel about it. I don't particularly like it. But I don't think it'd innately break the game either. Though I Do think +15% to a parry chance on a non weapon is too high.
[-] The following 1 user Likes renowner's post:
  • Pyro
Shields mostly need a buff regardless of guard.
[-] The following 1 user Likes firehawk11's post:
  • Autumn
I think for a pretty low end item even as a plus version, maybe just cut the parry increase or make it like +5%. Maybe give it a couple of stats. Gaining guard through a hand slot without the effects of holding a shield still makes for a usable niche that might free up a would be ring of the knight slot.
I don't really think 15% additional parry rate is all that bad when you compare it to other hand slots, parrying is what bucklers are pretty good at anyway, consider this among options like Bradan's Glove which gives hit + crit, Ghosthands which allows you to ignore retaliation/ripostes, and Rogue's Work Gloves, Metal Gauntlet Plus and Chimera Bands. I think it's fine to keep it at 15% personally, since it has no additional armor or stats like these other options do.

I won't budge on that one, 5% would be too low simply.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Autumn's post:
  • Miller
I think comparing this suggestion to a parrying dagger is a bit silly, because a parrying dagger - Even if you're not built for it at all - Opens you up to psuedo-fleur, a stick to use for eviter by jacking its durability, free avalon, etc.

Removing its shield status may give access to two-hand, but it also means you're giving up things like Bulwark, enchant shield, and so on. It seems like a good niche that lines up with what bucklers are actually for.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tana's post:
  • Miller
Shields need to be compared to Two-handed trait in my honest opinion. Then you will know if shields are truly balanced.
Bradan gloves requires you to use 2m to get +50 crit for one attack. . .And +5 hit passively, which counts towards the bonus limit.
Rogue work gloves is +10 to your crit damage multiplier. . .Even compared to all of those, this item would be giving more than all of them.
For a lower rarity item, that's craftable.

+5 hit vs +15 to parry and also guard isn't really comparable, guard is very strong. It also lasts for more than one attack.
When you compare it to all the other hand slots, I do actually think +15 to parry rate is too high. +10 maybe. That's still letting parries proc pretty often and giving you guard and freeing up an accesory slot and giving you two hand.
Just make it a Buckler + Enchanted, just let it be double craftable with rarer and more materials. This should in theory be incredibly balanced if you need to work for it and make it like a level 5-6 craftable item. Maybe make it even a 10* item to go against the 10* item limit, we do have a 10* item you craft, after all.
Most of the plus items require boss materials and rarer materials anyway, costing stuff like Mud, Black Pearls and Chimeric eyes, this is why I suggested Buckler Plus being the stronger version, as there is already a way to create stronger forms of base, low rarity equipment pieces.
[-] The following 3 users Like Autumn's post:
  • firehawk11, Miller, Shujin