Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 4.56 Average
General thoughts and Opinions off the chest
I've been in a similar boat, yeah. Both sides have advantages and disadvantages, and I kind of teeter between both mindsets. It's a tough one, because this leads to a lot of paranoia as it is, and breeds a whole lot of potential distrust as well. I'm not sure what the proper solution is -- I hope there's no ill feelings with what I said. Genuinely, I was feeling the same way a few weeks back about something -- so it's not just you. It's just a tough thing, and I'm not sure what the proper solution is here.

Edit: This was a reply to 1starbob. For some reason hitting quote did not quote? Im bad at forums..
[-] The following 3 users Like Asellia's post:
  • 1starbob, Anhita, Toffee
(03-04-2023, 12:40 AM)Asellia Wrote: I've been in a similar boat, yeah. Both sides have advantages and disadvantages, and I kind of teeter between both mindsets. It's a tough one, because this leads to a lot of paranoia as it is, and breeds a whole lot of potential distrust as well. I'm not sure what the proper solution is -- I hope there's no ill feelings with what I said. Genuinely, I was feeling the same way a few weeks back about something -- so it's not just you. It's just a tough thing, and I'm not sure what the proper solution is here.

Edit: This was a reply to 1starbob. For some reason hitting quote did not quote? Im bad at forums..

No ill feelings at all discussion about this is great and all that! And I agree it's really hard to fix. Because the GM team needs to find that balance between Reporter Safety and Reported Transparency that they just don't seem to have yet which is understandable since it's again really hard!
[-] The following 2 users Like 1starbob's post:
  • Asellia, Toffee
Everything I have in mind has already been said by previous posts here. So there's nothing really i can add, but i'd still like to put my thoughts in.

The problem with the currents ban are the same feellings I had with Mother and Blade ban.

It was confusing, with little very detail or an "umbrella" put in to justify the ban.
But it's hard for the players and the concerned banned player (from what i see) to understand any of the happening.

Does any of the four banned player deserve it ? I don't know. I have nothing against them and I don't know what they have been doing.

The main problem, that has been mentionned countless of times is a lack of communication and clarification.
Having the rest of the playerbase unknown on the situation is one thing. But leaving the concerned player confused and with barely any knowledge is another thing. They should be the one to know what is happening.

Which is more easy said than done. Because I do understand the neccesities to keep the reporters anonyme.
Any situation based on relations, friendly or unfriendly. Either it happenned or not. Is delicate.

I don't have any miracle solution on my pocket unfortunately. But i've seen some thrown ideas on this thread there and there that doesn't sounds quite bad.

Maybe it's time for GMs AND the community to have their own reflection on how such situation are taken at hands.
Take this thread has a little more than just a hot discussion on the current events and take it as an opportunity to communicate between everyone.

And finally trying to change or improve the course of actions from an old one that has been causing heat for more than one time.
[-] The following 7 users Like lalchi's post:
  • 1starbob, Asellia, Caboozles, DancesWithMoths, Dezark, Frozen, Toffee