Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[V2.71] Sound Setting Issues
This is a twofold problem. The first may well be a beyond the game and an issue with dream seeker as a whole, though a solution or workaround would still be appreciated if known. The second is definitely a bug.

Firstly, dream seeker's volume settings aren't saving after I close the game. If I mute the game, it's unmuted next time I open it. If I change the volume, it's returned to my system default next time I open it. I had this issue several years ago if memory serves, and it's not exclusive to sigrogana. At some point dream seeker/my system just decided to start remembering the volume settings I set after closing the game, but to this day I have no clue what made it start working. After daring to change sigrogana's volume in my volume mixer recently, the issue has returned. This may well be a dream seeker issue rather than anything to do with sigrogana specifically, but if the cause or any kind of solution or workaround is known that would be appreciated.

Secondly, the sound effects slider in game has no effect on sound whatsoever. The music slider works fine, and I can move it and hear the change even in real time while playing profile music, battle music, etc. The sound effects slider doesn't seem to cause any change to any of the game's sound effects at all, as far as I can tell.

I don't know if these two issues are related in any way, but there you are. Let me know if there's any further info I can provide that might be helpful.
Nothing I can do about the system sound settings, muting/unmuting/etc, that's Windows related.

As far as the SE slider goes, more information would be helpful, such as how you're testing it, what sounds specifically you've noticed aren't adjusted, and so on.
Simply adjusting the slider while making certain sound effects to try and find the right volume, mainly walking sound effects as well as a few different skill sound effects. It had no effect on them whatsoever.

The workaround I found to the general sound issue may be related somehow. I've found that the game is somewhat remembering my sound settings after closing the game now. I say somewhat because the sound effects are an appropriate volume for what I previously set it to (even though my volume mixer still displays default volume when sigrogana opens), but music is playing at the noticeably louder default volume. I can use the music slider to get this where I want it in game while at that default system volume so there's no issue on my end now, but I figured that weird disconnect of my sound effect volume being at my chosen system volume setting while music returns to default every time I start the game might be related.