Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Party Experience
If this has to happen, it might be a good idea to allow an option to join a party as a "scaled down" version of yourself, where you become the party leader's level if your level was higher. Realistic? I would think of it as "holding back to teach," but the important thing is that it would ensure finding assistance doesn't become even more frustrating. In terms of how stats are handled, it could just subtract the difference between your original and modded levels (as a temporary modifier) from all statistics, but would not lower them past your base racial statistics + class modifiers, for as long as you're in the party. I don't know if it's difficult to implement, but if you're dead-set on increasing the difficulty for players, it seems only right to take on some difficulty yourself in making it more fair.
[Image: 5a7229cbed.png]
This wouldn't work at all.

A level 60 giving themselves -30 to all of their stats would be a train wreck.
Sorry, I'm not sure where my mind went with that. Correction: The difference between their original and modded level, taken out of all of their stats as a percentage. So with a 30 level difference, you would lose 30% of your stats... 50 in a stat would become 35, something believable for someone at level 30 with good stat gains. Does that sound any better?
[Image: 5a7229cbed.png]
That sounds much better on paper, though you should try running this on a few characters of your own to see how it works.
I would suggest the level difference is atleast increased to twenty. A level ten that is built around end-game or pvp or something along the lines has a hard time in dungeons as it is. (Read : Unlucky squishy mage). And requesting aid ICly is already hard to do, since most of the actualy willing are in high levels. And setting up helps OOCly defeats most of the fun that grinding can have, because honestly, I despise grinding and so do many, but the fact I can roleplay with them, oversee them as they fight and swoop in to protect/heal/finish off enemies adds not only little bit of fun, but also some sort of a mentor/student relationship for a possible thing.

Perhaps, to avoid the supergrind fests Dev seems to be wanting to avoid (I think atleast don't smite me if untrue), if there is a massive level difference, we can make it slowly chomp away at mental stamina at a very slow rate (so we don't halt their training after ten fights.), as its taxing to lecture and be lectured. That way, the branch of roleplay isn't cut off. And once that runs out, tenth of exprience gained as originaly planned.
Not just that, but imagine a level 30 BDP. +/- 10 = a 20 and a 40 can meet up in it no problem. Not a bad idea if the 40 can't handle the 45 static solo, and nothing else is spawning in their range. But under this change, they would get jack squat if they teamed up, which is something that would make IC sense to do. A 20 level difference, at the very least, should be the minimum range considered.
*loud burp*
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=6107#p6107 Wrote:Neus » Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:26 am[/url]"]Regardless, it's very much unintentional to be able to party with people well outside of your level range, so there will be a level restriction for characters under level 45, where if any party members aren't within 10 levels of each other, you won't get any rewards for the battle.

Thus creating more of a hassle to grind. intentional or not.

You stated yourself you want people to play the game, not just get 1-60 in two hours. Please do not disregard the players opinions on this. Remove Training Day as you said. Force them back into the BDP's and form up teams.

Additionally, since this is an RP game. Increase rpxp. Implement ways to monitor abuse, and increase the xp to actually count for something instead of, what I understand, as a % of next level.

Setting it otherwise will not help anything. The level to xp ratio is far too much to limit it in this way. Rather than limit the people in your party. Change the way monster level works at best. IE a level 30 teamed up with a level 60 go into a level 35 dungeon. Once a battle starts, increase the difficulty of the monster's stats and hp by a ratio to the max level in the party without touching the level.

//

tl;dr Take into consideration of the players. Remove Training day and make monsters harder in relation to the party's max level character. Make it harder for the one who is 60 to aide a level 30. Make it harder, not impossible.

Just my two cents.
[Image: b89f62f8ce.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_m7g6clz79C1rpqqpz.gif] I'm also still Batman.