Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Tactici-tact-ta-Tacticia-Tactician (Performance Rating is painful.)
While I definitely understand the point of a Tactician losing their gauge as the party fails to perform up to par, I've felt that it's a little too drastic lately. Most of the new level 80 mobs/bosses effectively render Tactician a D-rank Dispenser of Titan Gales. Mapwide unavoidable AOEs make the rating plummet, someone gets unlucky and targeted by more than one or two mobs? Stars forbid they be a dodge? Say bye-bye to that Rating, back to D for you. You're taking the unavoidable damage everyone else is? Each tick's a cut to your precious Performance. I've had tests less stressful than keeping this thing up in the Minotaur's Labyrinth. I'm obviously no PvP or PvE guru like some folks who play this game, so, I'm not going to recommend any insane change, I just wanted to open the floor to anyone who might have an idea to make the punishment for

Existing

Be less strenuous.

[Image: Tact.jpg]
092: Requiem for a Fallen Angel
[-] The following 4 users Like Soul_Hacker's post:
  • Fern, firehawk11, Poruku, Snake
I mean, given what the rating does for CERTAIN GOD LEVEL DEBUFFS, I’d like to think it’s fine as it is. It doesn’t help that Tact is one of the classes paired with Engi that allows someone to lolsolo most level 80s bosses. That trade off with how fast you can stack it, it’s fine. Hell, just having someone stand on a formation gives you a performance rating.

Against the level 80 Minotaur's Labyrinth? Just use EE. EE with dark eye debuff and at B rate and up is enough to make sure the bosses will never hit your dodges or only glance since those bosses have force glances. Not only that but lollower the damage and evade. Pair that with AW and you have a very easy boss fight.
[Image: BAWqB6P.png]
[Image: fa5d9fd2e3f77f27206bb134638b5f28.png]
I disagree with it being fine, for a single reason:
It super railroads how effective a Tactician is by only allowing to be hyper Tanky, entirely disallowing any other forms to be effective, without kissing your Tactic Rank bye bye. If the god tier debuffs are a problem, then they should be adressed rather than only allowing one playstyle.

towards what to actually change? I am not sure.. But maybe allow for glancing blows at the very least to not reduce the tactician level, or maybe even gain a ranks for a full evade. (Tactican only)? Maybe disallowing bonus damage to reduce Tactician level, cause even that can be big enough to pass the 5% mark sometimes.
I have honestly no good ideas, but that above-mentioned problem is why I do not wanna play Tactician mostly, cause I played the tank variant too often and its boring to me.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Shujin's post:
  • Miller
I actually really support the idea of tactician not being screwed over by mapwide damage, EE is absolutely terrifying yes, but it's also 6 momentum and requires a 1 momentum movement skill to reliably land it, which I feel makes it only extremely egregious in the case of Engineer with Jetpack, or perhaps Agile Mechs that can get 1m movement without any major sacrifice outside of shoes.

However, it could also be mentioned how fast a tactician can get back to SSS even after eating a few mapwide AOEs.

Aside from this, I also feel it's a bit mean that summoned units that aren't Dark Eyes can cause your tactics rank to drop to D on the spot. This isn't that bad in the case of youkai or engineer robots, since those guys theoretically can be kept from exploding with careful play.

However, every time I play tactician, and the Ghost on my team puts up his wraithguard. I start sobbing uncontrollably and I misplay due to my tears running down my keyboard. Please make wraithguard not kill your tactics rank if it dies...
The rank reset should be exclusive to player characters.

The HP damage threshold should be Tactician LV * 2.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Snake's post:
  • Soul_Hacker
I don't think tacticians should lose rating for getting damaged at all.

The only thing holding back this buff is enemy eval. Can we please finally nerf enemy evaluation and buff tactician
[-] The following 1 user Likes Poruku's post:
  • Miller
I don't understand why they lose rating for being damage, maybe it should be a main class tactician skill to not lose rating when damaged? It would help being a Tactician Destinyed or any form of melee Tactician.