Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Armor customization/Upgrade buff
This is something I have been wondering about for a while.

We have a lot of options to increase Crit chance, however when we look at the counter Options to Crit evade we are looking only at Boneheart, BK and Ranger, really. (and the metal boots/gauntlets+ I guess).

I think it might be interesting to change how armors work a little, by either giving them one new upgrade extra stat "crit evade", or flat out going the route of Weapons by giving them customization slots that allows to adjust armors more to your liking..Maybe focusing more on M.armor for the cost of Armor or vice versa. Maybe have a bit of extra padding against crit chance or even crit damage, stuff like that. Armors do not usually benefit from weight all that much so adding weight there is an actual down side (outside of some niche cases).

Of course should we go the upgrade path, 10* might need to be looked at again, but I don't think that be a huge issue. I think that might be interesting, since I do like to have more progression systems in place outside of leveling, and getting your gear padded out is currently the closest we have, so might as well expand on it. Atleast I think that be interesting.
I'm not crazy about this because critting those who actually go as hard into crit evade as those who go into crit makes them really, really difficult to crit. Some builds like strength basic critters are already suffering from not having enough points to invest in defenses as well as str/luck/guile which means their crit is already rather low in comparison to what guile critters or skill critters can do. With making crit evade more accessible, we'd be hurting an archetype that can already struggle a great deal to reach the break points they need.

I'd like it more if it was a trade off thing like the armor parts idea personally, so there's an actual trade-off instead of just being able to make critter builds near useless.
[-] The following 3 users Like caliaca's post:
  • Pyro, Sawrock, Shujin
Welcome to our currect set up!
Armor parts: yes
Crit evade on every minmaxed char: plz no