Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Darkness Toggle or bigger torch
(03-28-2023, 02:34 AM)Snake Wrote: Honestly, I like it being darker, and leave ways to brighten up the map to more traits. It adds to flavor.

I should be able to see more than like 2 tiles out from me.

This is, specifically, not an issue if sun/lamp light is directly on your screen. At night, playing SL2 at night time, it is fine. It's a problem with the game just being too dark for no good reason at times. I've had this complaint about SL2 for literal years now.
Make Night Vision a trait and Improved Night Vision a trait for Kelsensians and Give Superior Night Vision to Umbrals exclusively. Improves basic night vision. New Trait - Low Light Vision - Triples light from a torch.
I think a lot of the problem stems from just how dark night can get at times for.. no real discernable reason.

Here is set of screenshots I took recently, all within the same hour and iahsus cycle in game (Purple).

The stark difference between them should really show just how absolutely friggin dark SL2 can get. I'm not advocating for the 3rd image in terms of brightness.. but making 1 and 4 brighter so that it's not just impossible to see would be really nice. Especially not as a trait.

[Image: image.png?width=720&height=559]
[Image: image.png?width=670&height=559]
[Image: image.png?width=704&height=559]
[Image: image.png?width=711&height=559]
I just don't think this will really change, when Dev has been going out of their way to make torches and night vision a thing. . .
But I do feel like its kinda dark.
And people can just brighten their monitors, so its not really something you can easily enforce.
I'd rather things become more mechancial in combat, rather than an out of character nuisance outside of combat.

If you made darkness affect people's hit rates or something in battle, that opens up the possibility of making torches and campfire proximity fix that, and also adding a new youkai passive or shapeshifter thing that gives darkvision, golden eyes, etc.