Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Arbitrary Damage (and possible LUC buff)
I've seen this plenty in some Final Fantasy-like games where damage can sometimes be higher or lower than the normal, and I think it'd be interesting to add an extra layer of RNG for people who are lucky to score more clean hits, while unlucky ones may sometimes score lower. So there's how this would work.

Quote:(Damage Formula) + Bonus Lucky Power >> ((rand(1, Scaled LUC)) - (rand(1, Scaled LUC)))

Total Power >> VS Defense Formula

This could aesthetically be better than seeing the same guaranteed numbers over and over again, and give LUC a little more oompfh that it lacks right now rather than serving only for critical hits.

For dummies:

- Every time you deal damage to an enemy with an offensive action that uses Scaled Weapon ATK, you may gain (or lose) bonus SWA based on LUC (and luck) for that action alone. Then it will re-randomize on the next, and so on.

===

I could also see this being a trait. Maybe the return and revamp of "Lady Luck". But I find this charming because you're gambling your damage, and it can mask a little your true weapon power from others if they can never be sure of your power.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Should really take LUC out of the equation. Just give each weapon a damage range based on their total power stat
That could also work, a weapon having a minimum and maximum damage could be cool.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
As good as the idea sounds thematically, it'd really cause a lot of issues IMO. RNG mechanics tend to be unfun in RP games, as evidenced by how much people hate evade builds. Not to mention, testing becomes a bit more of a pain because things that are problematic can be chalked up to 'oh, bad RNG' a number of times before people even register that there's a problem that needs to be sniffed out.
I would rather remove RNG than add more. Playin g a dodge critter already pain enough.