Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ominas Deserve to Be Cute Too
Kind of a silly/semi-serious suggestion but can Ominas get Play Cute too? Why are they the only (part) cat race that doesn't get it!!? Is the game calling them ugly?

If the bird part of Omina is an issue then have it lock out bird icons for your character if you grab it.
[-] The following 5 users Like Latto's post:
  • Dystopia, Fern, firehawk11, Poruku, Skimmy2
Please yes. Omina are one of the few races with no racial traits whatsoever. Give our black cats some love!
[-] The following 1 user Likes renowner's post:
  • firehawk11
I feel like Omina should take a page out of the Wild Elf book and have Cat/Felidae traits and qualities by default, and have access to a trait that grants them bird-like abilities like Gain Air/Flight/Stay Afloat, but disables all the Cat-like racials. Bonus points if this trait refunds 1 trait point when bought.
"Way of the Crow", "Way of the Black Cat".

Could be good opportunities for racial traits that better define what an Omina is like. It'd be cool if those could change how their core gameplay work, instead of adding a cherry on top.

Omina are pretty much "two possible physiologies, one race", so I mean, why not?
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
While I would like them to have their own thing...I wouldn't mind them having a birb or Cat path of traits either. Omina are a bit lacking.
I think its fully possible for them to have their own thing, mainly through the luck suck mechanic, I also think differentiating them by their wings or tails is unique too.
Split them into two different sub-races with the core luck drain mechanic but have one be birb other be cat, one gets cat traits the other gets other racial trait. Simple and maybe change their stats slightly to show yeah they both are Omina but they are also unique in their own cat/birb way.
I feel like omina is one of the races with the least amount of, let's say, attention given to them. No traits, and the bird/cat thing seems more like an afterthought. There's no elaboration on why some have wings and some have tails and cat ears, it's just kind of there.

I think in addition to the main suggestion we should totally have a bunch of cat vs crow related traits for omina. The only winged race that can't fly
Yeah I agree.