Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Earth Impact
Could it at least be 10 damage instead of being rank based?

[Image: b4cab5f510df9197ad588d28b031dabc.png]

A lot of skills have only 3 ranks and this is kind of a weird elemental impact in the first place. It being rank based is even more strange.
Earth Impact really just needs a rework mostly, before it was buffed to be Rank * 4 extra damage (and still is, the text is just outdated, so technically your request is a nerf). But that seems to be pretty boring, I'd much prefer it if instead of extra damage, Earth Impact did something cool like destroy tiles instead.

But I ain't the first one to say that Earth Impact needs a rework, many people find it very, very boring, and very strong in very few fringe cases like Quaking Heaven Kick or Seeking Shinken.
[-] The following 3 users Like Autumn's post:
  • Miller, Pyro, Shujin
Dev has already mentioned having something in mind, we're just waiting to get to the point on the list where it's something he can focus on.
[Image: 400px-Nihilus%2C_the_Abyssal_Flame.gif]
Ending 145: Disappointed in Humanity
As a galren user, big agree. Especially considering that many skills are now getting reduced to 3 points total as well, the already meh and frankly uninteresting rank * 4 extra damage is getting nerfed here and there anyway. I would like to see a different general effect for earth, at least. What I would like to see more is more skill unique impact effects like seeking shinken and quaking heaven kick, especially for earth but other elements as well.

Also make impacts actually do something useful/functional at least on some things that have just had the general effects copy and pasted onto them. Traps are the main offender, usually getting a damage boost from their own element while the rest are an afterthought. Four out of the five elemental impacts do absolutely nothing on rain trap for example, two of them doing nothing and two of the three with listed effects also doing nothing because rain trap isn't a damaging skill.

Just buff rain trap.

And soaked.
I'm all down for Earth Impact to be reworked. Its basic effect should probably be more interesting than bonus power that Lightning and Fire can completely outdo with its additional damages. Hell, even Wind, which only gives either knockback or more range, is better than that.

Earth should probably be something that adds your DEF to the power, or revolve around making the enemy lose movement/mobility over time. Or something that slowly punches through the enemy's armor and durability.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]