Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Racial CEL/SKI
I would love.
For the freaking history traits.
To actually fucking matter again.
They used to cause so much more build diversity than they do now, when they affected growths. If they were considered base stats, nothing would change however. The races that are good at dodge are still good at dodge, and vice versa.

So even that doesn't feel like a great solution. . .

I don't know how to fix it, but I do agree that cel and skill gimped races have it really rough.
I also agree that homogenization is lame.

History traits being counted as racial base, and boosting more if your racial base stat is below a threshold (5) maybe?
Honestly you give them unique abilities for each history trait which reflects the history. However history traits don't realy reflect everyone. I just feel like they need special abiltiies tied to each trait, like being a Hero you got determination and once in a blue moon you take reduced damage or survive a KO blow, or a Witch hunter, you deal slightly more to anyone currently under a magic effect. Just for exampl3s of what you could do witht he system to make it more interesting or maybe maybe it so the History traits upgrade, like I said we coudl use a lot of LE traits.
It could be a good thread of its own.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
(04-08-2023, 06:01 PM)Rendar Wrote: Are you suggesting we give Hyattr even a glimmer of hope?

How dare...

But yeah. There's a reason why you see a shitton of certain races, and basically none / next to none of others. Also why we have like a good 25% of the playerbase as Papillions.

I thought this was because most races have racials which suck and/or their lore is relatively boring compared to others

old post but the post was revived anyways