Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Make Geist unshackled
There's a great thread posted by Possum about boxer in general.

It's a much larger bit of balance. In the mean time, can we at least let Geist's min range be 1?
[-] The following 4 users Like caliaca's post:
  • Fern, firehawk11, Miller, Pyro
Sure.
[Image: BAWqB6P.png]
[Image: fa5d9fd2e3f77f27206bb134638b5f28.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Senna's post:
  • Trexmaster
I personally feel like there was no need to make a second thread about the same thing, especially since you just reiterated a point they already made, but you do you.
W-what? what do you mean I need to have a catchy signature....i don't know how to do that....wait are you writing this down!?
(04-06-2023, 04:04 AM)Moku203 Wrote: I personally feel like there was no need to make a second thread about the same thing, especially since you just reiterated a point they already made, but you do you.

Bandaid solution since there's little possibility that all of that will be resolved at once.

I'm not entirely sure if there's anything added from the above comment.
Uhh. Winged Serpent was a disaster when it was bugged to be 1 range, so maybe not. What Geist needs right now is to ignore tile effects. "Geist" means 'Ghost', and you ain't really ghosting those steps anymore through a row of Evoker-laid cinders for an easy win on the opponent.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
(04-11-2023, 08:39 PM)Snake Wrote: Uhh. Winged Serpent was a disaster when it was bugged to be 1 range, so maybe not. What Geist needs right now is to ignore tile effects. "Geist" means 'Ghost', and you ain't really ghosting those steps anymore through a row of Evoker-laid cinders for an easy win on the opponent.

While it would be nice for Geist to ignore tile effects, it doesn't really help the users beyond avoiding extra damage.

One of the most common ways to "cheese" a Boxer is to move yourself diagonally-- because you know they don't have a choice but to waste their class resource to get you. Unlike almost every other class in the game. Being able to step one, even two tiles would be huge and give Boxers even just a little counter to being cheesed.
As I posted in my thread, I totally agree Geist should be changed to 1-6. Someone moving into a space one, just one diagonal tile away from you shotguns Boxer in the kneecaps. It's so comical to even think of this happening in an actual fight at all. 'Oh no my opponent is RIGHT next to me- BUT DIAGONAL. I lose..' guhh, please change it to 1-6.
I still think winged serpent is a disaster. . .
But geists only cost 0m when you play into their easy to play around dash shenanigans. Frankly I say let them have 1 tile. If they trigger your geist its not like it mattered much to begin with. And if they don't. . Its 3m to move 1 tile. That's fine.