Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trait - Startouched
Another general trait that does the following:

Quote:Startouched
Requisites: 0 Base SAN

For some strange reason, the Hanging Star holds a small influence influence over your mood. Some say the act of becoming 'Startouched' is a prelude to corruption in some way, but most of those are just tales. This trait treats you as if you are a Corrupted race, for the purposes of Iahsus flavor. (The flavor text of Iahsus will be treated as if you are a Corrupted, displaying that you are irritated when it is 'red', for example.)
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Snake's post:
  • Sawrock
This would be better if each phase also came with a drawback, instead of a straight buff.

A SAN scaling might also make sense here.
[-] The following 1 user Likes messaiyan's post:
  • Pyro
(04-14-2023, 06:41 PM)Snake Wrote: Another general trait that does the following:

Quote:Startouched

For some strange reason, the Hanging Star holds a small influence influence over your mood. Some say the act of becoming 'Startouched' is a prelude to corruption in some way, but most of those are just tales. This trait treats you as if you are a Corrupted race, for the purposes of Iahsus flavor. (The flavor text of Iahsus will be treated as if you are a Corrupted, displaying that you are irritated when it is 'red', for example.)

Additionally, if you are already a Corrupted, the different phases of Iahsus will grant you very minor bonuses. (Red = +5 SWA, Purple = +5 Hit, Yellow = +5 Evade, Orange = +5 Critical)
I'd say that it should likely come with some manner of downside, in regards to the bonuses. +5 SWA, but -5 Armor, +5 hit, but -5 evade, and so on. Straight bonuses doesn't seem to fit with Iahsus being a 'negative' affect associated with the corrupted.
092: Requiem for a Fallen Angel
[-] The following 3 users Like Soul_Hacker's post:
  • Autumn, Pyro, Shujin
Yeah, I agree. I've edited it a little to see how that reflects on the suggestions. Also do pay attention that Startouched will only buff/debuff people who are already corrupted.

At its base on other races, it will just make Iahsus flavor appear as if they're corrupted.
Not a fan of this really, Startouched already have a lot. Meanwhile certain races have absolutely no racial traits at all. . .
I also feel like +5 Swa for -5 armor is so free. +5 hit for -5 evade kinda too, for most startouched.
I mean its not like implimenting it would break the game or anything, but startouched already have so many traits to choose from, and so many passives and effects they have access to that I don't really feel like they're in want of anything.
Fine.