Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The grind from 45 to 60 feat. Lava Lake again
I would like to suggest three different systems that encourage variety in grinding

1: Rewards scaling based on difficulty
It's no secret the minotaur labyrinth is a very difficult piece of content. Yet the rewards are solely level-based. I suggest xp and drops are increased by up to 100% based on how hard each dungeon is, or each creature. This would make places like the sunken forest or the ice dungeon worth visiting.

2: Reward boost based on variety
Every fight, you get a stackable, trackable bonus to rewards for every other dungeon, tracked on a per-dungeon basis. So if you haven't gone to x dungeon in a long time, you will get bonus rewards for many battles if you grind there. Like maybe every 10 battles in another dungeon means 1 boosted battle in that dungeon. Meaning you are encouraged to go around to different dungeons regardless of other factors.

3: Boost lower level dungeons
Add a crystal terminal upgrade that can be toggled that boosts the level of a dungeon to 60-80 for your party only, meaning a level 5 jammer would be boosted to 65, a level 40 legume to 80, and so on. It would come at a price, and probably a drawback. But it would mean you can grind, say, lake halard at level 55 without wasting your time. Of course, if introducing items to the game is a problem there can simply be a stipulation that makes these boosted mobs never drop the 56+ items.

Combine all these and suddenly you're going around the world to grind different things and it feels good and not like you're wasting your time. No need to make more content, just make us play the content we already have for more than 20 minutes per character.
[-] The following 2 users Like Poruku's post:
  • lordpidey, Snake
I'm not sure I like the specifics, but I do like the concept and the feel of the idea.
Unfortunately I feel like they'd just make firespitters and lava slimes harder to grind again rather than making the other dungeons more worthy of being fought. . .

The new bosses don't even drop their catalysts, meaning there's no real reason to fight them.
And the mobs in the new dungeons too. . .Very unworth fighting. If they had ten stars, it'd maybe give a reason.
polk I don't think many builds can even handle the level 60-80 dungeons as "leveling content" other than the lava lake.
Alternatively, we can make Lava Lake the worst place to grind on by giving new LV80 gimmicks to those dated mobs.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Which is exactly what I think dev would do ,which would suck.
Frankly I just want all the new mobs and at least the bosses to have their 10 stars.
And the bosses to drop their catalysts.
Give me a single reason to fight them. A single reason.
(04-17-2023, 11:51 PM)Lolzytripd Wrote: polk I don't think many builds can even handle the level 60-80 dungeons as "leveling content" other than the lava lake.
Then they will party up to get those sweet bonuses. Sounds like a win win. There's nothing a party of 4 can't handle aside from truly hard bosses.
Sigrogana is a party game with sick sick party XP