Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Retaliate (DH)
I'm going to say it - I think Retaliate is not a very good skill nowadays.

It doesn't take into account weapon accuracy, so it's not very good against dodgies - and they're the ones who tend to be doing enough to build your damage up a significant amount to begin with, so I feel like that's not a great thing, all things considered. Compared to Crashing Bull and Bellowing Stag this thing sits in my skill pool, nearly never seeing use outside of certain niche cases.

So I'd consider two things - add an SWA component to this, alongside the rage build-up, to at the very least allow it to take into account weapon accuracy.

Or just make it an autohit and give it a cooldown. Punish dodges who are churning out excessive damage by sending it right back at them. This is THE big Matador hit, so it probably shouldn't be so luke warm against dodgies. It should be a firm hit, worth considering saving your rage energy for, since it's competing with bellowing stag and crashing bull for use of it.
[Image: 400px-Nihilus%2C_the_Abyssal_Flame.gif]
Ending 145: Disappointed in Humanity
[-] The following 2 users Like WaifuApple's post:
  • Fern, Snake
Retaliate is an ok tankbusting and movement skill. It's not very good right now in terms of the payoff it's supposed to be, that's for sure. A little buff like a small amount of base damage would be all it needs imo. But making it run off of weapon accuracy is probably necessary.
Board Shaker was changed to follow that, but the key difference here between skills is that one is said to use the weapon, while Retaliate is a brutal shoulder-check.

Honestly? The skill should at least force a full miss to become a Glancing Blow if it's above certain thresholds (or become autohit if it's at the full 300), and that should fix a bit its problems regarding accuracy.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Most skills that don't use your weapon should still use your weapon's hit rate, or have a +30 or more hit boost or something to compensate, and retaliate is no exception to this.

Dances are fine, with how busted they are.
Summoner evokes, maybe? Except the most busted ones tend to not care about hit rate anyway. . .

But Retaliate really shouldn't be hit gimped that hard. 300 base damage really isn't that much anymore, and it requires setup too.