Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(Ghost) Death Gaze sucks!
I don't need to say more than this. At first it looks amazing with a 200% Dark ATK scaling, but in the end? Not really. It does very little damage, requires more than itself as momentum investment and benefits the enemy more than you think for consuming the Claret Call plus adding Unmarked for several rounds.

The only way I can see this being changed for something arguably better here is making it so this skill does something more impactful.

At base, Death Gaze should only require Claret Call, not Fear, to target an enemy.

Death Gaze should inflict a special status called 'Panicking', which nullifies most sources of Fear and Hesitation immunity and increases the LV effectiveness of those statuses by 50% for 3 rounds.

Death Gaze should then inflict Fear and Hesitation LV(Claret Call), then remove Claret Call and leave them Unmarked.

It could also give any non-player, non-boss enemies under the effects of Fear of Death (or if they are Feared and below 25% HP) a heart attack, dealing 4444 darkness magic damage that ignores protection. (Just a funny idea!)

Limitations:

Death Gaze should not target enemies who are Blind or Undead, or be usable if you are Blind yourself.

Death Gaze should have a 2 round Cooldown.

Like this, it should be worth leaving an enemy Unmarkable for several rounds.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
bro just make the silence 3 rounds not 2 no need to over complicate it
[-] The following 2 users Like Trexmaster's post:
  • Miller, Poruku
TBH while that's simpler, the fact this Silence doesn't go through any checks would make that more broken than what I proposed. I just want Death Gaze to give the vibe the skill intends.

Ghost and many other classes are full of skills that cost a lot of skill points but are not comparable to each other. Instead of minor tweaks those could all get reworks.
Death Gaze has its niche to apply Silence unconditionally at the cost of dropping all your CC stacks and making the opponent unmarkable.

Its problem right now is that said Silence is only two rounds. Meaning a Heron Feather negates it if you were slower than your target. So you lose all your class resources for nothing.

Without completely overhauling the skill, simply making its Silence 3 rounds instead of 2 would make it usable for its purpose.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Trexmaster's post:
  • Miller
I see. Yeah maybe that'd work. Or make it so the silence can't be immune'd, cured or reduced for those two rounds as an alternative.
Really I think the only issue with dark gaze is that it removes claret calls and makes them unmarkable.

It turns off everything in ghost except rising game pretty much.
The payoff is so shit compared to the payoff potential of ether invitation. . Turns off last chance, its NEVER worth it. not ever.

It shouldn't remove claret calls and/or shouldn't make them unmarkable. Silence isn't even that strong these days. everyone and their mom can undo it or ignore it. It not requiring a status resistance check is pretty neat, and 250% dark attack with a soul is neat in concept too. . . But even then I don't think its that great?

I don't think i'd ever use it even if it was a 99 turn silence, personally.
Ignoring immunities is never a good idea imo