Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Global inflictions and lag
In particular, I've noticed two skills in the game that tend to drive my game to a grinding halt whenever they proc against multiple enemies in events. I believe this happens because the game needs to calculate and roll for each unit which causes an immense stress for my potato to handle at times.

Those skills are:

Quote:- Divine Shower (6 damage instances + mass Blind infliction. Thankfully it can't be spammed anymore, but when it happens? Ouch.)

- Knight's Intimidation (When it procs, it chugs hardcore and can also re-proc while someone is already feared. If you kill multiple enemies, it rerolls multiple times, causing lag.)

Solutions:

Quote:===

- Divine Shower should only splash an enemy 3 times tops.

- Divine Shower's Blind should either:
>> Be decided before the skill is cast, as a FAI% chance that the skill will auto-inflict Blind.
or
>> Have its Blind removed/reallocated to another skill such as Shine Ray.

===

- Knight's Intimidation should only inflict Fear on enemies in 4~6 range around the defeated target.
or
- Knight's Intimidation should only activate once per round, per Black Knight, to prevent lag.

If anyone else has any grievances that are beyond the two most famous ones, do keep me in the know here. So far I didn't notice lag with anything else, but I could be wrong.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
You're sneaking some balance changes in with this attempt to bring down lag. I'm sure there are ways to make things less laggy without effectively changing the effects / nerfing things just to do that. Nerfing something for purely game performance reasons is a strange thing to do, in my opinion.
[Image: 400px-Nihilus%2C_the_Abyssal_Flame.gif]
Ending 145: Disappointed in Humanity
[-] The following 1 user Likes WaifuApple's post:
  • Fern
If there are ways I'd like to hear it.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
I've had zero lag with divine shower.
However **significant lag** when someone uses sangum whatever from bonder on multiple enemies. Takes like a whole minute.

Whulf was once nerfed for lag reasons if I recall; years and years ago.

But yeah. No lag noticed on the other stuff so far.