Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drakesen Wormson - Request for tags, lack of shadow, create shade change & hypnotism
Applicable BYOND Key - Sawrock
Character Name - Drakesen Wormson
Request Type - Character Ability
Request Details -  

I plan on making a character with a few different abilities, so I'll go through them in order.

1. The ability to use tags to hold objects. To be as specific as possible: the ability to, by using paper, ink, a writing utensil to spread the ink on the paper, and focus when writing with said utensil on said paper with said ink, to have said piece of paper now be able to come in contact with an object and have it disappear in a puff of non-poisonous pink smoke, the smoke of which is merely a byproduct of trace amounts of focus. To have an object be contained within a tag, the tag's writing must roughly match the object as determined by the creator of the tag, that being Drakesen Wormson, the tag must be touching the object with no clear physical interference, and some mental concentration must be given in regards that the tag would be used to contain the object.
For example, if Drakesen wrote "thick" on a tag, he could use it to hold a slab of juicy meat, a many-paged book, or a cut section of a tree trunk. He could not use it to hold a typical scarecrow, as scarecrows are not typically thick. Drakesen could not use the tag to steal a keyring on someone's belt, as it is currently connected to the belt, nor could he use it to grab a treasure chest half-buried in sand, as there is too much sand for the treasure chest to be lifted out on its own- he would need to dig the chest out first.
While only Drakesen can store items in this fashion, anyone can recall them. If someone were to have their favorite flamingo statue stolen by Drakesen, they could take the tag from him and recall the item, which would appear in the same puff of smoke as when an item is sealed. There is no special training needed to recall items- the ability to do so is inherent for any sentient being that is holding a tag.
Sentient beings cannot be held in the tag. A carrot can be held in a tag. A spider cannot. A corpse can. A mushroom haunted by the soul of an ugly man cannot. This means cursed weapons that are fueled by a spirit with some sort of sentience cannot be held in a tag.
Drakesen can make as many tags to be in active use (as in, currently holding an item) as he is years old- starting from the first of the year, not from his birthday. He can hold items as wide and tall as he can stretch his arms out (in a t-pose fashion; ripping his arms off does not count) and he can hold things that weigh up to as much as ten times as he does. Drakesen is 66 years old, and weighs 170 pounds.
Tags can be used to hold spells, as Drakesen is a spellthief. Spells can be re-used in this fashion as per the normal spellthief class functionalities. They do not have the same freedoms nor restrictions as described above (someone could not steal one of his spellthief tags to use a spell- they would have to be a spellthief themselves and steal the spell as per the class).

2. A wizard stole Drakesen Wormson's shadow. He has no shadow in any amount of light or darkness.

3. When using Create Shade, Drakesen Wormson can have the shades take on his appearance and do different actions and poses. They cannot affect the world as Drakesen does- they're illusions, but they can provide the illusion of interacting with the world. They do not last long (as long as Create Shade does, so roughly six seconds, if going by D&D logic) until they need to be re-created, and cannot be re-created in an unbreaking chain (so upon the illusions ending, they cannot be immediately recast to give the... illusion... of images without interruption). Drakesen can make noises with his shades, but they are limited to noises Drakesen would only be able to make himself. Mouth-sounds and armpit-farting? Yes. Playing a piano or perfectly mimicking an enemy's voice? No.

4. Drakesen can use hypnosis to brainwash very weak individuals. If you're wondering what constitutes very weak, then congratulations, you're unable to be brainwashed- only those who lack the most basic mental fortitudes can be brainwashed. The only exception is if someone wants to be brainwashed. Drakesen can do so by wiggling his fingers and expensing focus while he chants to the individual. If any player is hypnotized, they, at any point OOCly, can choose to no longer be brainwashed. Individuals that are brainwashed have their irises go pale white (but not pure white). Individuals that already have such style of irises have their irises go unchanged. To break hypnosis ICly, an individual would either need to go unconscious (typically by being knocked out or by sleeping) or by having a decent amount of water make contact with their skin (so a medium to heavy rain could cancel Drakesen's hypnosis).

Reason why you are making this request (if applicable) - I thought the powers were cool.
Roleplay & Lore supporting your request - Uh?
[Image: rwFTX1T.png]
[-] The following 2 users Like Sawrock's post:
  • Autumn, Fern
I already like what kind of scenarios you'll bring to the table with these abilities you menace.

Everything is fine except for 4 I think you should clarify that almost every player (except ones willing to give consent) is most likely going to be resistant to the hypnosis/brainwashing.

Also for your request 1 maybe you could explain those abilities as well as a unique forbidden from of enchantment using magic pockets.

I approve regardless though.
[Image: tenor.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes K Peculier's post:
  • Sawrock
Sounds good to me on both fronts. Out of curiosity, what would make it forbidden? Is the pink smoke too gauche?
[Image: rwFTX1T.png]
(06-15-2023, 10:04 AM)Sawrock Wrote: Sounds good to me on both fronts. Out of curiosity, what would make it forbidden? Is the pink smoke too gauche?

I was thinking more on the sense that the technique is very dangerous somehow but honestly I like to think a league of enchanters somewhere just not liking pink smoke would be funnier.
[Image: tenor.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like K Peculier's post:
  • Poruku, Sawrock