Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Removing Youkai Contract Amount Limit Due to Redundancy
(05-22-2023, 12:03 AM)K Peculier Wrote: I think the amount of grievances people have with summoner especially regarding how easily it is for them to hotswap counter any situation should be discussed about in another thread.

Things seem to have derailed a huge amount from the OP precisely because of summoner being at this current state with certain popular youkai.

Lets get back on the topic of what is largely a QOL thing that they're suggesting rather than go off on huge tangents about balance talk.

Personally I don't see any issue at all with just getting rid of the cheese step of maxing faith and then immediately LE'ing when its done.

While I have been staying on topic here, so I believe this may not apply to me, just in case it is...I believe it is incorrect to call it a quality of life feature to introduce 8 more (and even more in future updates) individual youkai to any "Optimized" summoner's kit, I would call it disruptive even compared to other features that have been discussed in the Quality of Life forum. Dismissing these grievances as being off topic is quite disrespectful towards anyone who wants to keep summoner balance the way it is (as long as they are staying respectful within this topic), when the topic being presented directly affects balance and should not be considered entirely "Quality of Life" in the first place, despite the OP's first intentions.

Because as I pointed out in my original post, it is currently not possible to achieve every youkai in the game, these adjustments would alter that fact. In the end here I am merely suggesting a cap to future proof this concept, and even then, that cap that is proposed is generous, (mostly) preserving the current sphere of what is actually possible compared to some other misleading comments in this thread.

As right now I am not speaking from a point of whether or not installs are overpowered, or whether or not certain youkai are good or not, these things ideally are changed to not reflect those points, and so future proofing that idea is much more reasonable to me anyways.
(05-22-2023, 12:03 AM)K Peculier Wrote: I think the amount of grievances people have with summoner especially regarding how easily it is for them to hotswap counter any situation should be discussed about in another thread.

Things seem to have derailed a huge amount from the OP precisely because of summoner being at this current state with certain popular youkai.

Lets get back on the topic of what is largely a QOL thing that they're suggesting rather than go off on huge tangents about balance talk.

Personally I don't see any issue at all with just getting rid of the cheese step of maxing faith and then immediately LE'ing when its done.

I never had any problems with allowing for Youkai slots not requiring an LE dedicated to it to cap out.

What I do have a problem with is enacting this 'QoL' change while not addressing the issue of how potent it is to have so many Youkai in reserve to freely swap in and out.

I'd happily support this change if it were followed by an adjustment such as what I mentioned earlier by not allowing summoners to freely swap Youkai on the fly, having either to go to Youkai statues/summoning houses to pick up Youkai they dismissed or having some kind of Youkai bank.

I understand that it's currently possible and actively being abused to have far more slots than you have FAI to support but turning that into a feature seems more like a buff than a QoL feature if it isn't accompanied by any changes to swapping Youkai in and out of reserve.

I'm not arguing against people being able to have more Youkai without having to constantly lose their levels/friendship. Just that it not be made trivial to pull in Youkai on demand.

I can make a new thread regarding this proposition and abstain from any further comments in that regard here.
[-] The following 2 users Like Trexmaster's post:
  • K Peculier, Miller
(05-22-2023, 01:18 AM)Trexmaster Wrote:

I never had any problems with allowing for Youkai slots not requiring an LE dedicated to it to cap out.

What I do have a problem with is enacting this 'QoL' change while not addressing the issue of how potent it is to have so many Youkai in reserve to freely swap in and out.

I'd happily support this change if it were followed by an adjustment such as what I mentioned earlier by not allowing summoners to freely swap Youkai on the fly, having either to go to Youkai statues/summoning houses to pick up Youkai they dismissed or having some kind of Youkai bank.

I understand that it's currently possible and actively being abused to have far more slots than you have FAI to support but turning that into a feature seems more like a buff than a QoL feature if it isn't accompanied by any changes to swapping Youkai in and out of reserve.

I'm not arguing against people being able to have more Youkai without having to constantly lose their levels/friendship. Just that it not be made trivial to pull in Youkai on demand.

I can make a new thread regarding this proposition and abstain from any further comments in that regard here.

I believe the feedback and suggestions currently made would have a lot more focus and organised if another thread was made rather than continuing on this one. The insight highlighted by players here should have a proper spotlight and I personally agree with alot of your points Trex.
[Image: tenor.gif]
[-] The following 3 users Like K Peculier's post:
  • Fern, Miller, Trexmaster