Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Removing Youkai Contract Amount Limit Due to Redundancy
Just to add my two cents...

...I don't see why people being able to swap youkai out if they've grinded them all is a significant issue, if I'm being honest? One, you need to spend a ton of extra time and effort for it, and two, even after they did, it doesn't guarantee a win in most cases, especially if immunities are supposed to be removed.

Just seems to me like, given the circumstances, summoners already need to spend significantly more time to grind on average, using a sub-optimal strategy for grinding them regardless of what your class is (because you have no reason to summon them in PvE due to it being slower than just using evokes and the other class, and they can take damage and die on top of that). You can use Cypelle to speed up the process, but even that isn't going to make it equal to the amount of time necessary for other classes to get ready - you need bleeding hearts (which are hard to get if you play an even slightly moral character) to unlock the upgrade, and then a ton of Cypelle on top of the usual requirements for crystal terminal upgrades.

Not to mention, the idea of "you can't go beyond 12 ever" strongly discourages any experimentation - you need to delete a youkai to get a new one, and if it turns out that youkai doesn't work in your case? Well, you wasted a ton of time, and now need to spend a bunch more getting your old youkai back. When most other classes can mess with skills/weapons/etc at will without spending nearly as much time, it can already feel like Summoner puts you in a difficult position once you've started playing it.

Even beyond all of this... Frankly, if someone grinded out that many youkai and decided to use them to swap for counters, I feel like that's their right at that point. Especially when items are easier to get and allow you to do similar besides, even if people usually don't.
[-] The following 4 users Like SolAndLuna's post:
  • Fern, Miller, renowner, Shujin

Messages In This Thread
RE: Removing Youkai Contract Amount Limit Due to Redundancy - by SolAndLuna - 05-20-2023, 09:49 PM