Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nihilist Buff
I believe that Nihilist is deserving of a buff of some kind, not even a terribly strong one, but one that allows it to fulfill it's niche far more effectively, in sacrificing damage for the ability to play to your element correctly.

In PvP, both Red Letter and Circle Ring got nerfed, which diminishes the usefulness of Nihilist almost nearly entirely. As for PvE purposes it hasn't seen the best of use either given that modern monster design often has monsters either heavily resisting their element or outright reflecting it, both of these things Nihilist cannot target.

While I think that Indignant Idol does a great job at targeting resistances, I think that Nihilist should instead target Immunities/absorbs and reflects, giving an option to mages who simply do not have good ways of targeting certain monsters to actually deal with those monsters, for heaven's sake earth mages absolutely cannot deal with Minotaurs, its actually impossible by using Earth Magic, and there's not enough skill points to throw around in Evoker or Mage to use anything else effectively. So these mage types often just avoid the dungeon all together.

The tl;dr is that Nihilist's value decreased recently, so I think it should fulfill a mostly PvE niche by being able to ignore Immunities and Reflects alongside ignoring Absorbs, it doesn't need to target Resistances as that's something Idol already does. I am 99% confident that this change would have very little bearing on PvP, especially if Summoner was planned to have it's immunities slated in the future anyway.
[-] The following 2 users Like Autumn's post:
  • Shujin, ThatOneHop
We already had razing salamander and stuff for nihilist's functionality, too.
The change could actually have pretty signifigant bearing on pvp as Verglas, mostly. But they also have winter's kiss. . .
I'd personally have the effect changed to:
Pierces immunity, Absorb, and Reflect on non bonus damage attacks. But upon doing so, the damage is reduced by 20% if the target is a monster.
Or just. . .Make it so it only ignores nullification and reflection from monsters?
Indignant idol, Hisen; and some other effects already show that we can have really bonkers effects that don't affect players.
I'm all for this, indignant idol needs love.
Could always give it the same effect that the DB skill has where it goes 'Oh. You absorbed/immunized this. As of next round, you won't make that mistake again'.

Nihilist is an ooooooold item that could have its functionality updated to stay in line with what new effects in classes or even on other items have proven to be capable of.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kazzy's post:
  • renowner