Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Youkai Contracts
Continuing on from my suggestion noted in this post here.

Currently, Youkai slots are given every 5 base faith, with a hard cap of active slots set to 12.

Higher base faith will yield you up to 21 slots.

Currently, summoners tend to LE with a high amount of faith to get a significantly higher reserve of Youkai to swap in and out.

My suggestion:

Have the limit of reserve Youkai always be 12, with active Youkai limited as normal (5+ Base FAI/5 max 12).

In addition, Youkai when dismissed will not lose their levels, friendship, or ascension status. Instead they will return at their prior status when reacquired via Youkai statue or summoning house.

This would allow summoners to work toward maxing out every Youkai whilst not needing to have all of them contracted at once, and prevent summoners from being able to pull from the majority of Youkai in the game on demand, while still allowing them to alter their Youkai roster without incurring a steep grind penalty to do so.
[-] The following 4 users Like Trexmaster's post:
  • Autumn, FaeLenx, K Peculier, Miller
(05-22-2023, 01:24 AM)Trexmaster Wrote: Continuing on from my suggestion noted in this post here.

Currently, Youkai slots are given every 5 base faith, with a hard cap of active slots set to 12.

Higher base faith will yield you up to 21 slots.

Currently, summoners tend to LE with a high amount of faith to get a significantly higher reserve of Youkai to swap in and out.

My suggestion:

Have the limit of reserve Youkai always be 12, with active Youkai limited as normal (5+ Base FAI/5 max 12).

In addition, Youkai when dismissed will not lose their levels, friendship, or ascension status. Instead they will return at their prior status when reacquired via Youkai statue or summoning house.

This would allow summoners to work toward maxing out every Youkai whilst not needing to have all of them contracted at once, and prevent summoners from being able to pull from the majority of Youkai in the game on demand, while still allowing them to alter their Youkai roster without incurring a steep grind penalty to do so.

This is an alternative I am highly accepting of, as compared to in that thread. I'm not sure if I need to post my points from that thread again since they are reflected here quite well. Since I agreed fundamentally on most things in that thread in the first place.
I'm against it. Ranger and Engineer are just as good as summoner is. And additionally i'm pretty sure Dev is waiting on any real changes to Summoner classes until he does his complete rework that he's talked about for a long good while now. I see no reason to make summoner players have an even worse time of things, which would be compounded even further by how much of a bitch it is to get the youkai you actually want on mainland.

80% or more of youkai are completely worthless when summoned anyway, it wouldn't change PVP or PVE much at all, but only cause headaches and RP annoyances as people now couldn't RP with the youkai they can't actually bring into battle because again, most youkai are completely and absolutely useless in battle currently.

TLDR: Completely against unnecessary things that do nothing but damage roleplay and hinder player experience.
(Lest you also be against swapping equipment outside of inns, changing classes outside of inns, swapping player skills outside of inns. . . Because that's the level of change you're asking for.)

As someone with 21 youkai slots myself, I have actually swapped them around a few times to RP with certain shitty youkai when i'm roleplaying. Mostly carbuncle, because he's a cutie. But otherwise I've swapped them around all of 3 times before actual combat. . .Which were events. Because unlike engineers, our summon units don't actually heal between battles. Which is especially bad for their FP when most of their FP pools are tiny and run out in one battle.

In terms of swapping them around based on actual opponents? I've never done that. There's only 14 i'd ever consider using in the first place, and actually swapping them around is an absolute bitch to do with how the ordering system works. And closes out of the menu when you're done ordering. And if you don't do it slowly, you'll get your youkai plastered to your screen even when the menu closes and have to relog.
(I'm a grand summoner, so I still have to make sure my auto summon order is correct. AND that my secondary and tertiary auto summons will be in the right place too in case the first two are defeated since again. . . They don't heal between battles.)

I do however swap around equipment regularly. Which is far more commonplace, far more wide ranging, and not tied to any class in the first place.

Frankly its a completely unnecessary change, that again, only seeks to make the experience worse for players overall.

Summoners should be getting quality of life improvements, not quality of life downgrades. And I expect we will, eventually.
GOD PLEASE.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]