Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
On-Dodge Passives that are kinda bad
. . .Curates kinda have the best hit nerfs in the game. . . So they're actually pretty good at dodging if you use them in such an application.
But that nitpick aside;

Fanatic is absurd. Truly absurd. I could hit 60 scaled faith on basically any race. A 70% chance to lower damage by 120 and then also inflict an injury for free? And it sticks around? Its just. . .So busted. Pray is already very strong. . . Grace of god doesn't require anything to activate other than dodging, and glancing in this game basically constitutes an evade for most/all things so its not that hard to pull off. Making healers even tankier is not something that would add to the game's enjoyment I feel. And giving someone who already dodged your attack a tankiness buff on top of that? I'd tear my hair out!

Fanatic aside however; Grace of god being buffed is probably okay. But more because I think pray's bonus effects are lackluster for the most part. They're pretty shit at level 60. Grace of god should either stay the same and pray just gets a buffed bonus effect list, or it should add scaling to the bonus effects. (With the exception of the sanctuary one which is still good, or the debuff removal one which is also good)

Empty pockets also becomes far too pushed. You're trading a 0m investment for a free steal AND a buff to steal AND a restrain? That's way too much. . . Restrain is a weapon potential that costs 3m to use on its own, no less. On evades should not be so game changing. They should be smaller things, like the ninja talent that just does a small amount of damage, at least I think so. This is just a passive. On arguably the most dodgy class, that when I use it always ends up with a 100% trickery rate. They really don't need this. They can already pocket sand > Steal >Basic attack for 3m. . .

Security system. . Again. . A 0m investment skill that's probably doing too much on a class that's already one of the best in the game. I really don't think that's healthy to have be any stronger than it already is. I also do see security system used on every dodgey engineer I come across.

Snake Dancer:
I very strongly think that Winged Serpent spam is already obscenely overdone and invalidates most any melee attacker just by its existence. Cobra and demon hunter don't need the buff. And even if that weren't the case, lowering momentum costs on a trickery is very unfun, very imbalanced, and just way too powerful. Momentum scamming in general is extremely powerful. It being tacked onto a 0m passive shouldn't ever be a thing.
Inflicting worn out isn't imbalanced, probably. However. . Again. . . The class is already very well off and cobra itself is already cracked against melee attackers, and kind of in general. I'm against this.

Static air could certainly be buffed. To have higher damage and also trigger more than once. Electro shield is literally the same thing on an actual dodgy class except its way better and you can give it to others. And doesn't even require you to dodge.

If you think being a dodge is too boring and that you need more evasion passives. . .I think those would be better suited to equipment, and also I don't think I really agree either. Pretty much everything there already does a good bit for absolutely no momentum investment, and an egregiously small class point investment, and half the time not even a skill slot.

TLDR: Playing against a dodge build is also something that can be very infuriating and unfun in general, too. Dodgers now have shadow gi, among the other things they've had for some time. Like Fangfare. They can do cool stuff, like dodging into a riposte, dodging with ninjutsu, or just. . .Dodging everything in general. I'm not really certain these need to be changed at all, because they're already fully functional and do a lot for 0 momentum costing passives. If you think they need more fun tools, the way to go would be to give them more fun tools. Not to push already strong classes so hard. . . Or even at all.

Could make some boots that if you dodge someone in melee range, you kick for free.
There's a lot of things you could do.
But I don't think what's above is the best way to do them.
[-] The following 1 user Likes renowner's post:
  • Dezark

Messages In This Thread
On-Dodge Passives that are kinda bad - by Snake - 05-21-2023, 10:48 PM
RE: On-Dodge Passives that are kinda bad - by renowner - 05-22-2023, 05:25 PM