Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How do ya'll feel about Monstrous Homunculi?
I kinda like Monstrous Homunculi.
Though, It will not change the way i RP.

They do something good? okay.
They do something bad? okay, don't do that again, okay?
they do something heinous? Shit, now i gotta blow their brains out.

Monstrous Homunculi would be dope.
SHEEEEEEEEEEESH
I'mma just throw my two cents in now that I've seen stuff be said and all that in regard of some things..

So off the bat, I do encourage the idea of being more open with monster characters, but I'd still prefer if they're kept as a application based thing. I don't care if your looking in someone past or whatnot, the idea of this is to allow leniency on the idea of it, rather than opening the flood gates as a whole to the public and watching how things go with hopes it doesn't crash and burn.

Now to address the first obvious elephant, folk are worried about people taking it to the term of fetish, or whatever else.. you REALLY don't need a monster character to do that let's be honest. I get wanting to be safe on things because the internet is how it is, sure. That shouldn't be a general "This applies to everyone case situation" obviously; not everyone is the same, not everyone gonna look at a monster and go "I wanna fuck that." like they're a protag in a specific game, and even if they did, we've already got races that fall into that same category that are fine as it is. Rather than hold doubt on folk, take the mind out of the negatives, look at someone and go "alright show me what you can do" and let them prove if they can either

A. Play a monster character without it being a "I wanna fuck everything!" type style
B. Literally made a goblin character or something that is mostly animal cause they wanna just fuck.

Take the time, find the bad ones and report it to the GMs, we do that anyway with shit as it is right? You see someone breaking the rules, you give them a heads up they can't do that and to tone it down or offer to help change things so they can do better, they either accept the help, ignore you or tell you off; and than you take it to the GMs if the response was the second or third one. Easy right?

On the matter of "people are going to treat x character as this despite them doing y" that isn't on the person playing the monster character themselves though? Or any character at that, people will respond how they see fit to things, and sure your gonna get backlash for shit on it with "oh they wouldn't do that!" or "oh your just being an asshole, fuck off!" and so what? Stick to your IC and let the character in question of ANY degree, either show you were right, or show they're more than what they appear as. There nothing saying you can't be racist to someone, or mean to them cause you don't trust them, people do that as is and continue on fine in the end of the day, if you step on toes? Oh well, wanna make sure your not throwing crap in the player face? Contact them and just let them know it all IC, talk with them and get the okay from them so if people bitch and claim otherwise, you can go "Hold up, wait a minute. I'mma let you finish but first read this." and drop the logs with permission from the other party, on people asses and let them deal with it.

Not everyone is going to look at a style of a character and go "I wanna eat your face" or some shit, sometimes they wanna just play a thing that looks like it'll stab your shins, that you just picked up and told your friends and your having soft tacos tonight with, let them squee in joy and let them play a wholesome bean; it fine to exist, it literally a trope in everything where you got someone that looks either really cute that'll rip your throat out, or looks like the most evil fucker in the world and is actually caring for kittens and helping grandmas cross the street.

Folk don't accept that as it is for normal characters anyway, so let's start on it even if it just to take the time to give someone a chance, and let development show how they go, if you'd rather play a character who full on evil and aiming for death? Knock yourself out my guys and gals, enjoy what you love and let others do the same; cause that what we're here for in term of RP. You can disagree with it oocly but let them do what their IC aims for, cause in the end it gonna be the same as RPing with elf #94563 that people wanna bang, or lupine #4512356 who likes meat and is all about packs. All it giving is flavor to the chance and forcing a player to give enough backstory and following to a GM and Dev to say "This is what I wanna do, this is how they are, and why they exist. They can go one way or the other, or they're made specifically for this thing."

Worse that can happen is they're told no, they get approved and act like a troll, or they get development and go from face eating fuzzy creatures from a anime people love, and become someone's pseudo child that cared for cause there was enough interaction to give it. If it works out and things are given more leeway, do a app in public or private, for a event chain with more monster like characters, we already know what people can achieve in a roleplay situation on a fluff level with event mobs, custom hexes, spells, runes, etc. so why not as something that is the idea of going more custom?

More minor bit, more monster parts as well for Chimera please, I love what we got, but big feet, fins, tail and a eye on the forehead is only the start of things, and i'm sure with inspiration and stuff from the amazing icon creators, more things could come of it.