Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sorsus - Chimera Appearance and Abilities. (Korvara)
Applicable BYOND Key - Undeadwater

Character Name - Sorsus

Discord - snowman2626 (This mode of communication is preferred)

Request Type - Request for Unique Chimera Biology (Extra limbs, maws, and Features.) beyond the specified norms of such a race.

Request Details - I generally wish to keep my character's description loose in a way. It takes away from the horror of the unknown I wish to play with this Chimera. But I'll keep it short and simple.

It'll have several limbs ranging from human to monstrous. The skin grafted upon it will switch between hairless, scaly, furry, and chitinous. It'll have several other body parts attached to different body parts. These parts will be mostly inoperative but may work or such under the right stimulus.

These extra parts are liable to be used in RP for fluff and such. The usage for an advantage will be discussed and rolled with a D20 Twice. These will not be used for any mechanical advantage, purely RP, at the chance of failure.

These limbs will also be used for shapeshifting. The Chimera race isn't locked from shapeshifting despite the rare combo. The extra limbs shouldn't pose an issue. That and youkai limbs are thrown into the mix. It'll likely be a malformed and tall figure considering all the extra limbs and meat. The seams and threads used to connect flesh obvious enough to see for some reason. So, a bump in height is to be expected. It'll reach a towering 8 feet tall standing. Though, it'll be in a more animal-like stance most of the time.

The Chimera will sport a constant fog of smoke-like substance around it. This will only generate in reaction to high light. Why does this exist? Well, someone wanted to test the activation of attributes under direct/indirect luminosity. This is a modification of the Nightshade skill from Shapeshifter. This is purely for RP and has no mechanical advantage.

The creature is obviously a shapeshifter. The creator knows this and implanted two sets of growing Mana crystals upon its shoulders and lower back. These glow a natural blue as it saps the air and area for focus. The focus of this experiment is to aid the Focus regeneration of the creature. The threads used for stitching pulse with energy from such implanted crystals. It's simply another way to store focus. The thick coils of enchanted with the Tannin catalyst to contain extra energy for shifting. This is simply an explanation for the Mystic grow limb and just more fluff. I wanna RP a patchwork of blue lines upon a veil of shadow. It serves no mechanical advantage like the rest of this. I simply want my fluff and style.

Reasons why you are making this request (if applicable) -  I just find playing abominations neat, and I want to get permission considering how extreme this case is of non-humaning.

That and I wanna spice up things and stuff. That's about it, honestly. I just had an idea and decided it was cool enough to try and do.

Roleplay & Lore supporting your request - It could be a bored flesh crafter, a passionate homunculi crafter with loose rules on human design, or a perfectionist testing his strange ideas on a living human guinea pig. This abomination is the result of one or perhaps all motivations to push the boundaries.

Those boundaries, perhaps, shouldn't be pushed to the bending point.

It wouldn't be improbable for Korvara's population size and Meiaquar's and Gelaydne's facilities to produce many capable of homunculi creation. It shouldn't be impossible for one or two to have less savory experiments in mind, even more so if we account for possible trauma and mental illnesses in the mix.

But I'm overstating since that creator already exists within Korvara, and all those unaware will have their stomachs tested against the by-products of his dream. Their experimental creations mostly... Well.

The majority? Dead Flesh. 

The surprising? Functioning Flesh. 

The truly special? Deadly Flesh. 

It doesn't matter in the end, I suppose. They're few. They're only embers of the barely remembered. The thought of passed and dead. The missing upon the constantly moving world. They're no longer human at that point. They're all just Flesh. They will stay as Flesh. They will die as Flesh. That is the fate of this homunculi.

I just went over the edge with that. Oh, well. Main point. I haven't seen or read anything that entirely says no to full abomination. It's still a human mind trapped in a monstrous form. I'm not gonna RP as a knockoff Monster. I'm not trying for a monster. I want to roleplay a human mind trapped in a hideous skin of flesh. The one unlikely Homunculi who got the short end of the stick. The single most screwed human creation that has graced Korvara for now. I want to see the effects of such a formation. That's about it.

The Catalyst thing also shouldn't be impossible. The Tannin enchantment can be applied to swimsuits and other armors. It's implied that the catalyst infuses into the item somewhere. I might be mistaken here but the point remains. It shouldn't be too far-stretched to assumed heavy duty coils can be enchanted with this for fluff purposes. (I'm not even looking for extra FP. I just want cool blue lines.)