Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Farming for specific drops
It feels like the drop rate on monster-specific drops is too low for those monsters, it makes gathering things like Mindstars difficult when that's the intention of grinding in the lvl 40 goblin caves. I feel like I shouldn't only get 1-2 mindstars for farming them for an hour so I'm just requesting that monster-specific drops get a buff in drop rate. So I can farm for these goods so I can keep people supplied on tools when needed be.
[-] The following 4 users Like Autumn's post:
  • Dezark, Fern, Poruku, Shujin
It would be nice if we could, say, select a target item to grind, and based on some combination of factors such as its rarity and type you'd be guaranteed to get so many per fight for materials, or one in so many fights for equipment.
yeaah. Same with stuff like mandrakes, its near imposisble to specifically farm them in a reasonable amount of time, given how many you need of them.

generally having places you can go to reliably to farm stuff is great for a Player centered economy.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Shujin's post:
  • Fern
But if you do this you crash any sort of economy you had with any material ingredients, since EVERY now can farm tons. Solution, just bring friends to go farming with you so they can get drops also then get them to hand over the materials.
(06-25-2023, 02:58 PM)firehawk11 Wrote: But if you do this you crash any sort of economy you had with any material ingredients, since EVERY now can farm tons. Solution, just bring friends to go farming with you so they can get drops also then get them to hand over the materials.

I don't think increasing what seems like a 5% chance to a 10% chance is going to crash any economy, especially for gear material items like a mindstar or two. But the concern is noted.

With the junk cave being currently inaccessible due to the IC state of that area, I have been noticing this flaw in the specific material drop system more and more.
I can imagine how annoying that actually could be.
It would be nice if materials were more possible to get over all among things, trying the chance for specific things especially when options are likely in use elsewhere does tend to be difficult over all.
(06-25-2023, 02:58 PM)firehawk11 Wrote: But if you do this you crash any sort of economy you had with any material ingredients, since EVERY now can farm tons. Solution, just bring friends to go farming with you so they can get drops also then get them to hand over the materials.

Bringing friends wouldn't make the drops more common.
It technically would, but the 10% drop rate gain per person on an already low drop chance would pretty much be ridiculously negligible.

As for the OP, yeah we really need a big increase on the material drop chance and more access to these materials overall; I've never really considered grinding out materials unless I was extremely desperate for them, since breaking them down from equipment is infinitely more reliable than killing mobs for hours with minimal returns. With crafting material drops being spread out across the dungeons there'd also be a reason to return to them besides the leveling process which I think is just better for the game itself.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Miller's post:
  • Shujin
My take would be something similar to what we have in Alstalsia.

Being able to trade Monster Remains for their related drops at an unfair sum (like 25 monster remains for 1 monster-specific material), so at least you're not at the mercy of RNG.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Snake's post:
  • Autumn