Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Player Keys in Cache
It's something that came with the new chat update and it's an open 'secret' that people openly admitted to for years. An attempt I personally know of from a few years back in private DMs to report it didn't really work.

This shouldn't be a thing, people have excluded others based on who they find out via the cache and it often leads to people making whole new keys if they wanted their character to be separate from who they are OOCly. That said, it has helped others in the past with stalkers as Drez/Balor mentioned, but it was often utilized maliciously by a few actors who didn't want to deal with x or y on a personal bias basis and to exclude/ostracize or harass rather than actual concern.

I've used it myself personally admittedly a few times, just simple curiosity about who someone might be can be a driving factor to utilize these tools which can be seen as an exploit of Dev's system for handling FIs in new chat; so as Autumn said, it's not really a horrible thing on its own, just using it isn't really grounds to say someone is bad or lesser IMO.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Miller's post:
  • Autumn

Messages In This Thread
Player Keys in Cache - by MegaBlues - 06-27-2023, 05:02 PM
RE: Player Keys in Cache - by Noxid - 06-27-2023, 05:26 PM
RE: Player Keys in Cache - by Balor - 06-27-2023, 06:15 PM
RE: Player Keys in Cache - by Autumn - 06-27-2023, 06:19 PM
RE: Player Keys in Cache - by Miller - 06-27-2023, 06:27 PM
RE: Player Keys in Cache - by Grandpa - 06-27-2023, 08:32 PM
RE: Player Keys in Cache - by Miller - 06-27-2023, 09:04 PM
RE: Player Keys in Cache - by Neus - 06-28-2023, 12:39 PM