Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Permission/clarification: Use of Mask of the Night Lord
Basically topic. 

I am pretty sure that thing doesn't really have any Lore to it, but it is an Item that can be brought, for real money no less.

I always expected it to be an Artifact of sorts, a mask that can quite literally shift your appearance, based on the essence of absorbed beings. But also that it would be mostly just an appearance thing, like a tangible illusion.

But usually using such, is very tricky as many people barely see it as IC.

So the idea I wanted to RP is, either with the Help of Shapeshifting or illusions, to maintain a form for a longer period of time.  But technically its probably easier explained with an Magical Artifact, that just changes the physical appearance, without granting any actual benefits out side of what the person would already be capable of.
Maybe stuff like minor flight, in case you take that form of a birb. But nothing special outside of that.

It be a bit weird, when you could buy a donation item, and never actually use it. So I am trying to find a way to make use of it, while fitting the setting. Else I usually just use it for Shapeshifter Shenanigans or Illusions, but.. Can't really use the mask for most youkai.

Sooo yeah! Would be alright, to be using it ICly to change appearance, assuming its literally just the physical shape thats being changed, without any boons mechanically nor in RP, beyond the visuals? If thats not okay, I'd probably ask for permission to just be able to use an extended time Shapeshifting, to basically pull a Yoroichi from Bleach in her cat form.