Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Korvara Retrospective
(07-16-2023, 09:12 AM)caliaca Wrote: I guess I don't understand that requiring soft power or time or investment.

All you really gotta do is ask someone to join up in those spaces. Takes like 5 minutes.

I generally see places you can ping approach as different than truly private either, but I guess I just have different viewpoints than other people.

I'm not super sure why I bother here actually. I'm kind of doing that thing I said I shouldn't. Approaching threads that are meant to vent I should probably just leave instead.

Don't sell yourself short, your insight and opinions are of great value and appreciated to this thread/discussion, helping shed a lot of light on issues that most of us wouldnt know about, not to the same extent as those more directly involved at least.
Also IDK fam, the last time we had a forum post saying we didint find the game fun, it decided the next 3 years of SL2's development, so it's in everyone's interests to keep an eye on these things.

As for "soft power" or investment, it's a bit disingenuous to say that it only takes 5 minutes. While I am anything but a new player around here, I have barely dipped my pinkie toe into the island pond that is Korvara.
New players arent designing characters right off the bat and approaching leaders "Hey can I join X or hey, can I make an officer character with responsibilities?" There is a far higher investment in engaging with the community or making yourself more known before jumping into these roles. All the more so if your character is off the cuff or eccentric in such a position. It may take a couple minutes to ask for permission, but getting up to that point is a time investment journey in and of itself; and given Korvara's higher standards of roleplay, no Ren Brown is being allowed into a place without a valid in game excuse.

As for my own thoughts and experiences, I've been roleplaying a single character in Korvara for all of 2ish weeks now. Everything that I've ever done; The roleplaying that I've had, the friends I've made, the adventures that I've had and the monsters that I've booped. It's all exactly as I would experience in G6, and I wouldnt have it any other way.
Munch
[-] The following 3 users Like Skimmy2's post:
  • DogmaticDusk, Poruku, sirtrex