Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fire Lash Hesitation
Can the spell's Hesitation level be toned down to something like 15, considering we are already looking at quite the potent attack already

A barely more than 20% chance (if talents are invested) to just ruin your combo entirely on-top of being damaged is a tad...Obnoxious.
066: Birth of the Robot Emperor
I think its fine, fire mages already have it rough with one of the most commonly resisted elements.
[-] The following 2 users Like Lolzytripd's post:
  • Fern, Snake
It's fine. That's also a Tactician's only way of defending themselves from basic hitting enemies, since they don't have parries or dodge buffs.

I'd make an argument this could not work if the spell is a Copy Spell, for the Hesitation, at the very least. Or "If Tactician is your main class, this will Hesitate."
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
It's fine. Just get the talent that lowers Hesitation. Fire whip isn't a commonly seen spell if it isn't from a Tact.
[Image: BAWqB6P.png]
[Image: fa5d9fd2e3f77f27206bb134638b5f28.png]
(07-14-2023, 07:26 PM)Senna Wrote: It's fine. Just get the talent that lowers Hesitation. Fire whip isn't a commonly seen spell if it isn't from a Tact.
As I've said, it's barely more than 20% WITH talents due to the hesitation LV being 30

(07-14-2023, 05:04 PM)Snake Wrote: It's fine. That's also a Tactician's only way of defending themselves from basic hitting enemies, since they don't have parries or dodge buffs.

I'd make an argument this could not work if the spell is a Copy Spell, for the Hesitation, at the very least. Or "If Tactician is your main class, this will Hesitate."
That'd be an applicable argument if the game wasn't setup in a dual class system
More often than not, their secondary class will grant them the necessary support to deal well with a basic attacker
066: Birth of the Robot Emperor
This isn't a problem. If it happened to you and you got bad RNG then that's fine to be upset about but it's hardly an issue with the balance of a single target spell that has okay damage scaling at best. A 20% miss chance on basic attacks is one of the less rage inducing gameplay mechanics.
Single target effects should be stronger than multi targeted effects, I don't like hesitation as much as the next person but there'd be virtually no reason to use Fire Whip when exaggerate could obtain similar values for global range and virtually no FP cost.

Hesitation should be looked at in the future due to how volatile basic attacking is already but for now I'd leave it, its a part of a greater picture and not an outlier by itself.
Sounds like someone lost a fight

It's a fair and balanced spell. Fire whip is kind of bad overall, it doesn't need a nerf. If you wanna talk about bullshit hesitation, exaggerate is the real problem.
I mean fire whip has 140/100 scaling

I don't really see a need to nerf it but that's more than "Okay" scaling.